Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FRA relays 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I've heard Snowdonia 2017, Peak District 2018
    NT and stake holders were far from helpful so we had to pass it back to the MRG and I believe its been offered to a club in Wales but I have no details on that.

We (the planned organisers for 2017) had some further discussions with more senior management from the NT etc and they have gave us some more positive noises....so may be 2018...watch this space as they say
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 22-10-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Cheviots.... maybe... please.... Go on!

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    On behalf of all at Darwen Dashers I would like to thank Westerlands for putting on an excellent event in an amazing part of the world. I would also like to thank the marshals, Mountain Rescue and emergency services for their work in caring for and extracting one of our Ladies team who was injured on leg 3 in a remote spot (you may have seen the helicopter).
    I spoke to Sharon, the Race Organiser, several times before, during and after the event and she was unfailingly friendly, helpful, organised and professional.
    The comments about the post-race food are on the money. The organising club had ordered and paid for decent soup and rolls but instead the suppliers served up the meagre offerings that we all saw. As I understand it Westerlands will be asking for a refund.
    Seconded. Fantastic day, huge credit to Westerlands for a superb effort . As for the soup, well, I think I'd be demanding an explanation from the hotel manager! Still, it didn't detract from the overall event. BZ, as we used to say in the navy.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Cheviots.... maybe... please.... Go on!
    find a club to organise it....?

Hmmm that's not a bad idea IDP. Perhaps a collective of NE clubs up here?

If you are serious I'll send you over the guidelines..

Going to talk to a few folk. Guidelines would be helpful.

Mark, my email address is [email protected] - if you send me an email I'll send you the guidelines, S

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    NT and stake holders were far from helpful so we had to pass it back to the MRG and I believe its been offered to a club in Wales but I have no details on that.

We (the planned organisers for 2017) had some further discussions with more senior management from the NT etc and they have gave us some more positive noises....so may be 2018...watch this space as they say
    Are we any the wiser regarding next year? Can't see anything in the 2017 races yet!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Are we any the wiser regarding next year? Can't see anything in the 2017 races yet!
    ask Sarah but I'm sure it's Wales

We have a meeting with senior NT managers next week to iron out problems to see if 2018 0r 19 is possible