Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA relays 2016

FRA relays 2016

Hi,

Does anyone have any entry details for the FRA relays 2016. This page http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=4648, sends me to this page, http://www.britishfellrelay.org.uk/ but as far as I can see that page is empty.

I am trying to decide if we can get a team together for this year, but wanted to check I haven't missed the boat for entries.

Thanks,

Andy
    "Training is like fighting a gorilla - you don’t stop when you’re tired; you stop when the gorilla’s tired."

Quote Originally Posted by andyblackett View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have any entry details for the FRA relays 2016. This page http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=4648, sends me to this page, http://www.britishfellrelay.org.uk/ but as far as I can see that page is empty.

I am trying to decide if we can get a team together for this year, but wanted to check I haven't missed the boat for entries.

Thanks,

Andy
    Glad I'm not the only one struggling to find info about the relays this year! I guess (hope) things will start happening soon... All I know is that it's Westerlands CCC organising it (nothing on their website yet) and it will be based in Luss (on the shores of Loch Lomond).

Ditto, hard to pick teams when you don't know the categories. Anyone know? Cheers.

Banned
    Usually the same format.Leg 1 single shortLeg 2 pairs mediumLeg 3 pairs Nav mediumLeg 4 single shortCategory, open, v40, v50, ladies, v40These spring to mind form the past, just look at previous results in order to give your club an idea.
    Last edited by Stagger; 30-07-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast_under_beans View Post
    Ditto, hard to pick teams when you don't know the categories. Anyone know? Cheers.

And I think last year it was about £120 per team to enter.
    "Training is like fighting a gorilla - you don’t stop when you’re tired; you stop when the gorilla’s tired."

not sure if Vet 50 is automatic or if there are enough places free and the club wants to pay for medals.

It's usually over subscribed so unless you are a big club with championship challenging teams you may only get two places, mens and ladies, maybe vet male

Look at the number of teams that ran last year or the year before then look at the number of clubs eligible..theres a massive difference,with 200teams you could be talking 1200 competitors plus supporters...
    I can promise you it's very difficult to find a venue capable and willing to take that many..

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    not sure if Vet 50 is automatic or if there are enough places free and the club wants to pay for medals.

It's usually over subscribed so unless you are a big club with championship challenging teams you may only get two places, mens and ladies, maybe vet male

Look at the number of teams that ran last year or the year before then look at the number of clubs eligible..theres a massive difference,with 200teams you could be talking 1200 competitors plus supporters...
    I can promise you it's very difficult to find a venue capable and willing to take that many..
    Last year Ian we had a limit due to the venue at Barley Village. Previously we had far more teams up at Barbon and at Llanberis.

The last time in Scotland at the Lomonds of Fife, numbers were down as I suppose not so many wanted to travel.
    So unless the venue is restricted, it should be OK with a little luck.

But it would be better to have the info out. When at the Lomonds of Fife we had a club weekend at Kinross camping, a day recce and did the Lomonds of Fife fell race.

Not much chance of similar this year.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Only 2 months to go until the event & is anyone the wiser as to categories, limits, timings, costs etc? Bearing in mind the distance most of us will have to travel, book holidays, arrange accommodation etc, it would be useful if we knew something sooner rather than later!

Help!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Are the wee midges all gone by October?