Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paddy Buckley relay

Re: Paddy Buckley relay

Don't worry Iain, not sure we have any strength in depth whatsoever. However what we do have is bags of enthusiasm for a challenge and the concept of a couple of relays will certainly generate that. 11hrs may be a bit quick, but who knows 13-14 looks possible

I totally agree with you Iain,Eryri arent the force they used to be, there are some good runners in the club but it seem that some of them have been off form in the last year or so,but you must remember that Eryri compete in Fell,Road and x-c ,with most of the runners doing all 3 it can be hard to field a full team in the different events due to clashes in the racing calender

would the North -south challange be a race?
    also ,the original relay was done in pairs and think it was done about 1999 2000.
    still havent found the original schedule yet ,will keep you posted

yeah, it's just a shame that the blokes on the mountain running side are not organised at all. Mike has the women sorted. A club like Eryri should be having enough runners out at the championship races to get a team counted. There's easily enough runners, and enough decent runners to do OK in the team events. It just needs organising. It's a bit late for Whernside, though I'll head over with Sarah, but next year the club really should get organised on the mountain side. On the road and X-country it seems far better organised - emails sent, lifts organised etc.

[quote=IainR;61106]How did you go on? I was hung over but felt OK, 5th in the end. The guy who won put in a very good time of 34 mins something. Was that you?quote] Not ruddy likely.

Mid field is my place, I just happened to win the V50 - a rare enough occurence.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

if Mike stated using a computer ,it could help i suppose,but Mike Blake is Mike Blake and i dont think he`ll change his ways.
    I hope we`ll get a decent team in for the FRA relay this year though
    p.s
    good luck to the girls in the last race of the championship

Mike has no interest with the blokes.

That's fair enough, he puts a lot of time into organising races and the womans side, but also the woman give something back by turning up. Once the woman start off the year with a good run they have something to defend, and a reason to turn up. They all take it quite seriously.

Apart from Rich I don't think anyone else has really travelled this year for the blokes. A few of us went to Clova but that was after it was all over for the blokes. There's no reason why next year we can't get a full team out for the blokes, we have enough active runners in the club to at least be in the championship. I'm not saying we are world beaters, but we should at least be able to get in the final table.