Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Castle Carr

Enjoyed the race yesterday. Thanks to Bill and all the volunteers for putting it on. Very enjoyable route with a nice mix of runnable and more challenging underfoot conditions. Nav would have been very challenging for me, having not recced and not being local local, but thankfully I had two lovely CVFR ladies to follow for a good while and then the good company of one other runner to the finish. [It took me 20 or 30 mins longer than i had estimated but i notice the winning time was also 20-25 minutes slower than last year.] EDIT: winning time was in fact similar to last year at 2:23. I had somehow thought Jack Wood did it in 2 hours in 2022. So my expectations of a 2:30 finish were massively optimistic on that basis!
    Last edited by benshep; 17-10-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks for the kind words. Pretty much everyone who races Castle Carr seems to enjoy it. And the weather yesterday certainly helped!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Weeds ripped your exhaust off? Weeds?

So not concrete or some good honest Yorkshire stone... but soft green willowy weeds?
    It was a tenacious infestation of wild rhubarb and brambles. Good job i didn't go in forwards or i might have lost an engine mount. It's a CVFR conspiracy to deny non local runners the opportunity to recce the course beforehand.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    It was a tenacious infestation of wild rhubarb and brambles. Good job i didn't go in forwards or i might have lost an engine mount. It's a CVFR conspiracy to deny non local runners the opportunity to recce the course beforehand.
    Steady. I will not hear a bad word about CVFR. All lovely people.

As for those who hold their exhaust on with elastic bands...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Do you have any idea how nasty Yorkshire folk can get when you drive over their rhubarb? You were lucky to get out of there alive!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges