Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Castle Carr

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post

A good pint of knowle spring in the boozer afterwards, turns out i was first vet and won the V40 prize. The goats in the field nearly ate bill's results sheet so we very nearly got nothing.
    Just imagine the reaction you would get in the pub if you were trying to explain, "I was first V40, but I didn't get a prize because the goat ate the results sheet".
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Just imagine the reaction you would get in the pub if you were trying to explain, "I was first V40, but I didn't get a prize because the goat ate the results sheet".
    It wouldn't have happened in the good old days when we put everything on our mobile phones.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Good to see you yesterday Luke. Great running too. As its the first time we've put on the short race, you're the vets record holder.
    Of course no-one was going to catch Martin Howard (overall winner) who was on a mission to set a target that will be hard to beat.
    Results: https://www.cvfr.co.uk/wp-content/up...ults_half.html
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Good to see you yesterday Luke. Great running too. As its the first time we've put on the short race, you're the vets record holder.
    Of course no-one was going to catch Martin Howard (overall winner) who was on a mission to set a target that will be hard to beat.
    Results: https://www.cvfr.co.uk/wp-content/up...ults_half.html
    Just for the record, Bill, Ben Blosse crossed the line before me, but forgot to dib.

I'm very excited to be holding a record, though it shouldn't be too difficult to break!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Sounds like it was a bit of an epic. I would have loved to have done the short one this year but once again I've spent the last couple of months out injured for I think the 4thor 5th time now in a year.

Glad you got a better turn out this year Bill

Not many on the entry list today, 40 plus whatever eods. As the vets record holder I was worried by the lack of seniors, and I was right to be as the first vet knocked a big chunk off my record. It was to be expected really. I ran a new pb dispite the route deviation costing about 1.30, thought I was slower on the final leg. I was faster everywhere else which was surprising, post COVID I'm basically slower full stop. Nice to finish ahead of all the racing snakes from Leeds Uni again.

Not many on the entry list today, 40 plus whatever eods. As the vets record holder I was worried by the lack of seniors, and I was right to be as the first vet knocked a big chunk off my record. It was to be expected really. I ran a new pb dispite the route deviation costing about 1.30, thought I was slower on the final leg. I was faster everywhere else which was surprising, post COVID I'm basically slower full stop. Nice to finish ahead of all the racing snakes from Leeds Uni again.
    I think this race needs more exposure, particularly since the RO is an exceptionally nice person.

I have a plan.

Very enjoyable race on the half today. Such a good route! Possibly one of my new favourite local races. Great one for my long overdue return to racing. Thanks Bill & team

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I have a plan.
    Great, does it involve the construction of a car park? Reversing into the calder valley weeds on sunday i heard a clunk, and got out to find the weeds had ripped my exhaust off. Not having any rubbers in the boot i had to try and improvise with some rusty wire, which cut my finger open. Luckily there was a skip outside the pub in which i found a handful of twine and an old ratchet strap, which did the job.

Thanks to Bill for the plaster, and the race.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Great, does it involve the construction of a car park? Reversing into the calder valley weeds on sunday i heard a clunk, and got out to find the weeds had ripped my exhaust off. Not having any rubbers in the boot i had to try and improvise with some rusty wire, which cut my finger open. Luckily there was a skip outside the pub in which i found a handful of twine and an old ratchet strap, which did the job.

Thanks to Bill for the plaster, and the race.
    Weeds ripped your exhaust off? Weeds?

So not concrete or some good honest Yorkshire stone... but soft green willowy weeds?