Thread: Shoes and waterproof trou

Shoes and waterproof trou

Two questions

1) I liked my mudclaw 333s. I don't like the new 300s v2 as much - I find that the new heel risks poppage in bogs. Has that improved at all in later versions? I've got the red/blue ones.... I see there's a precision fit (but I wouldn't describe my feet as narrow), does that match the old 333 better?

2) I have a pair of Inov8 mistlite pants which I like - and a pair of the old kamleika pants which I find hold far too much water when wet, and I don't like them much when dry either. Trouble is the former aren't FRA approved, and the Rab MM wants FRA kit now, which is the one event when I might end up wearing the things while running. Any recommendations for something light? It's my birthday soon, so price is not a massive consideration, so long as we're not talking that ultra see-through remortgage stuff..... I want to be able to get them on without taking my shoes off though - which I can, just, with the mistlites.

Dunno about the shoes but if by old kamleikas you mean first generation with the white lining....the new ones are lighter and don't tend to get so heavy ( a printed?? lining don't know the terminology ) other waterproof trousers are available I like them for running in (if you have to) and can even cycle in them as they stretch a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nutkey View Post
    Two questions

1) I liked my mudclaw 333s. I don't like the new 300s v2 as much - I find that the new heel risks poppage in bogs. Has that improved at all in later versions? I've got the red/blue ones.... I see there's a precision fit (but I wouldn't describe my feet as narrow), does that match the old 333 better?

2) I have a pair of Inov8 mistlite pants which I like - and a pair of the old kamleika pants which I find hold far too much water when wet, and I don't like them much when dry either. Trouble is the former aren't FRA approved, and the Rab MM wants FRA kit now, which is the one event when I might end up wearing the things while running. Any recommendations for something light? It's my birthday soon, so price is not a massive consideration, so long as we're not talking that ultra see-through remortgage stuff..... I want to be able to get them on without taking my shoes off though - which I can, just, with the mistlites.
    Shoes - I agree with the new mudclaws heel poppy thingy - so I get the black 300 mudclaws from Pete Blands - heel slightly different shape.

Trousers - yes I too like the inov8 mistlite ones that aren't FRA approved. When I need FRA approved kit I take my overtrousers I bought from Decathlon - they are only fractionaly heavier (if any), have taped seams, and cost about £6.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Shoes - I agree with the new mudclaws heel poppy thingy - so I get the black 300 mudclaws from Pete Blands - heel slightly different shape.p
    Ah, thanks for that. Look like exactly what I want. Can't see them on the inov-8 site at all! Ordered some.... Now I just need to break them in before the Rab, which is easier said than done around Cambridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    When I need FRA approved kit I take my overtrousers I bought from Decathlon - they are only fractionaly heavier (if any), have taped seams, and cost about £6.
    I have the same, but I've never seriously considered running in them. But for mandatory kit you have to pay a lot more money to get much lighter, I think they're a bargain in that context.