Thread: Fleas!

Fleas!

Has anyone got any tips for getting rid of fleas in the home, that is to say fleas that have gone from being on the animal to being in your carpet? What about tips on how to use any of the following:

Diatomaceous Earth
    Sodium Borate powder
    Powdered table salt
    IGR containing products

What about flea bombs? Are the ones bought in this country safe around houseplants and food?

I'm going to try a home made flea trap aswell.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Indorex works quite well but fish and plants don't like it very much so remove them when spraying it about. Best to do a room at a time. Wash all the pets bedding above 40 degrees as that kills off the eggs and larvae. And a right thorough vacuum around all the edges etc too gets rid of a lot of the eggs and larvae which are the bigger number compared to the adult fleas.

Are they biting you?

I had a terrible flea problem - brought in by my cat - it took me a month of hoovering 2-3 times a day for a that month before i got rid of them.

Is the home made flea trap a tray of water and a light?

The best way is a fleet bomb. The effects get everywhere which is exactly what you want as you cannot be certain where the flees or eggs are. Sprays may be good for a rug or small singular area but a bomb does large areas very effectively and evenly.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.