Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Will

Banned

A Will

Has everyone got a Will?

Not yet, but just asked a solicitor to do one (actually two, one me and one mye wife).
    What I understood from speaking with a solicitor: in our particular case having a will or not will not change anything on whom get what. However, having a will will make the whole legal process of inheritance etc easier faster and cheaper than otherwise.

yes but only after having kids

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by luxinterior View Post
    yes but only after having kids
    Ditto.

Having had 2 relatives estates to deal with and all of the hassle involved with probate, I would strongly advise anyone who cares what happens to their estate to make a will with a solicitor. As mentioned by Gambatte, it makes the process much simpler, shorter and therefore cheaper.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Ditto.
    As mentioned by Gambatte, it makes the process much simpler, shorter and therefore cheaper.
    In fact, I used to believe wills were useless for standard boring situation like mine (no ex-wives, no mistresses, no children scattered all over, no children to disown, no immense fortune, ...), and this was the reason I was ignoring wills. Apparently I was wrong.

Agree with all on here and pertinent as we are redoing our wills now son is 21 and can look after himself if we both get struck down.

Banned
    Booked in with solicitor to write it up.

I did my first in my 20's, been updated twice, kids etc

I think age concern do it very cheaply Trev

When we got ours redone - by a lawyer, the old one was apparently invalid as we had since got married. I put a codicil in to fund my wake. Your all invited, but not too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    When we got ours redone - by a lawyer, the old one was apparently invalid as we had since got married. I put a codicil in to fund my wake. Your all invited, but not too soon.
    Have you got a date for it Matt? I need to put it in my diary and check it doesn't clash with any races.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"