Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inov8 Grip question

Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    If it's not icy, and want grip "almost" as good as Mudclaw, but with added comfort, try the new X-Claw 275. In their words "The ultimate shoe for running long distances over extreme terrain" https://www.inov-8.com/men/footwear-terrain/x-claw-275.html

Only worn mine once, but certainly no complaints with a mile or so of road, then a bit of a path, then some bog/tussock/heather off-track, then some steep wet grass.
    Fully agree. Covered the final 32 miles of my Joss Naylor Lakeland Challenge in X-Claws. Did the first 16 miles in Salomon Fellraisers which are excellent, comfortable shoes but descending into Threshthwaite Cove Mouth their grip left something to be desired. The X-Claws were excellent when descending Fairfield, Seat Sandal, Great End, Great Gable and Kirk Fell.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    I've heard complaints with regard to the grip on latest roclite models.
    I have the Roclite 280 with the red sole, no complaints at all from me, it seems to perform identically to the seven pairs of 295s I have owned in the original grey, then the black, then the black and lime.

The older I get the less grippier, less comfortable, more fragile, and very, very much slower my shoes seem to get. Odd that.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    The older I get the less grippier, less comfortable, more fragile, and very, very much slower my shoes seem to get. Odd that.
    Have you tried buying a new pair of shoes Mr B?
    See the light in the night

But I've only had these for 30 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But I've only had these for 30 years!
    Oh, thats OK then. They'll be good for another 20 years yet.......
    See the light in the night