Thread: Snowdon Sherpa Bus

Snowdon Sherpa Bus

Does anyone know if the Snowdon Sherpa Bus drops off at points other than stops named on the timetable? Specifically I'm wanting to get off between Beddgelert and Pen y Gwryd on the A498 about 1km or so NE of Llyn Gwynant where the bridleway comes in from Bwlch y Rhediad.

This would make reccying that section of the Paddy Buckley to Aberglaslyn somewhat easier.

Does nobody use the bus these days?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Does nobody use the bus these days?
    Geoff, I'll send you a PM.

One of the Bowland pensioners virtually lives down in Snowdonia ..... his mother owns an old cottage near Llangollen and he travels all over by car, bike, bus & taxi.

Ian Roberts
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Are you planning a Paddy Geoff? How is the injury?

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Are you planning a Paddy Geoff? How is the injury?
    Hi Yiannis - the plan is to walk it over a weekend, late next Spring or early Summer. I reckon 2 x 14 hour days with a wild camp should do it.

I'm not running at all now, but doing plenty of MM type things. Just happy to be out in the hills with my mates still.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Does anyone know if the Snowdon Sherpa Bus drops off at points other than stops named on the timetable? Specifically I'm wanting to get off between Beddgelert and Pen y Gwryd on the A498 about 1km or so NE of Llyn Gwynant where the bridleway comes in from Bwlch y Rhediad.

This would make reccying that section of the Paddy Buckley to Aberglaslyn somewhat easier.
    Well, I'm happy to report that we had a very friendly and helpful bus driver yesterday. He picked us up at Pont Aberglaslyn where I showed him on the map where we were hoping to get off. There's a small lay-by opposite the bridleway and he was more than happy to drop us off there. I'm pretty sure he'd have dropped us off anywhere that was safe to do so.