Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson Brothers' MR

Hodgson Brothers' MR

One of the best weekends of the Fell calendar this coming weekend.

Will Borrowdale hold on for another year, or will Keswick, Dark Peak or Calder Valley pull their fingers out?

Will the Ambleside Ladies be as strong as in the past? The current english champs standing suggest not, so will one of Dark Peak, Calder Valley, Helm Hill or maybe even Keswick break their recent dominance?

Can't wait!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

One of the Best?

It is THE best in my opinion. My prediction is Borrowdale to be 4th this year!

First race back for me after a very trying/injury hit summer.

Nerves are kicking in already!
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

" It's not the winning that matters it's the taking part "

It's not been a good week to be a Chorleyite: On Wednesday the local news reported that Chorley had come out on top in a survey to find the unhappiest place to live in the UK.

Yesterday Chorley FC went out of the FA cup.

Today we finished last at the relays...but looking on the bright side none of us required A&E treatment, which is just as well as Chorley A&E recently closed down.

Chorley born and bred...living the dream.
    Last edited by Tindersticks; 02-10-2016 at 11:50 PM.

lol fortunately it turns out the evidence for the story behind "chorley people be unhappy" was fabricated but the bbc wont print or issue a retraction. :-( that makes me a little unhappy. A Superb event though Darren! :-)and a concise summary of our day ;-)

chorley not!

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    " It's not the winning that matters it's the taking part "

It's not been a good week to be a Chorleyite: On Wednesday the local news reported that Chorley had come out on top in a survey to find the unhappiest place to live in the UK.

Yesterday Chorley FC went out of the FA cup.

Today we finished last at the relays...but looking on the bright side none of us required A&E treatment, which is just as well as Chorley A&E recently closed down.

Chorley born and bred...living the dream.

What about Chorley FM? .....

I saw in the results that you weren't in the top half....but hopefully you still all managed to had a good day out?

Thanks to the team that put this event together, what a task it must be.
    This must be one of the best day out in the Fell Running calendar? Especially when the sun shines, the bacon fries and the beer tent sells beer.

It was, as always, a great weekend. I've marshalled at the Pile of Stones on Leg 3 for a few years now, and I'm pretty sure this was the first time I wasn't stood in the clag. It was cold, but sunny - what must have been perfect running weather.

Well done to Dark Peak for breaking Borrowdale's stronghold and a nice speech from Ben as they accepted their runners up prizes.

Great stuff from Pennine as well - 2nd Mixed Team and 4th Vets.

Master
    First time I had participated in this - Leg 3 - such a great event and a day to cherish. Thank you to the marshals and the relay organisers.

The only thing that I have done that comes anywhere near it in terms of spirit is the Round Norfolk Relay - 17 legs of between 5 and 20 miles run as individuals but with bike or car support when on roads - and at night flashing beacons on cars was the rule - fun for both the the runner and the driver.

It was my first time too - what a fantastic day! Still buzzing two days later. I ran Leg 2 so I was lucky enough to be back at the Finish line to watch history being made by the DPFR lads. Well done runners, marshalls and helpers - a great day out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great day as always apart from our performance. Beautiful day for it and what a race at the front end! Cracking stuff.