Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Sam

Quote Originally Posted by CalFerguson View Post
    I'm not so sure getting their client in to a untenable position is part of their duty though?
    I accept they failed the "don't get caught" test (and thinking of Sky..) but on the other hand I don't recall Mother Theresa ever finding herself in this position... or... you get the agent you deserve.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I accept they failed the "don't get caught" test (and thinking of Sky..) but on the other hand I don't recall Mother Theresa ever finding herself in this position... or... you get the agent you deserve.
    Yeah, good point on the "agent you deserve". I guess you would pick somebody/a group who had the same values and that would reflect your personalty? Who knows!

Just listened to his interview from this morning, he's off abroad. He'll get another job in football at some point anyway I reckon. When a team is struggling in the Prem, the temptation for them to try and bring in such a proven taskmaster will prove too strong
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I say sack the telegraph instead. This could have strengthened Sam's position as it plays to his position as a winner. He just had to say "I knew it was wrong, but was trying to get them to pay me £300,000 before letting them know".

He'll be remembered at the England manager with the best win ratio.
    The lengths the right wing press will go to in their attempts to deflect attention from the real issues knows no bounds. We'll probably find out Jeremy Corbyn had some hand in all this.....!!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    The lengths the right wing press will go to in their attempts to deflect attention from the real issues knows no bounds. We'll probably find out Jeremy Corbyn had some hand in all this.....!!
    Only a bleating neo-marxist could bring politics in to this
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Only a bleating neo-marxist could bring politics in to this
    Seamless, wasn't it?! You taught me everything I know....!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Go! Wasp chewing, gum spitting, hard-faced greedy b.

Big Sam ??? Is that one of them really fat Schwalbe MTB tyres?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Right to go - Most certainly yes, hopefully with no pay off.
    Fault - His, how dare he blame the press sting operation, that could easily have been the FA or police looking in corruption. He is the only one who put himself in that position through greed, not his friends or advisors.
    FA - Serves you right for chosing a numpty as manager in the first place, a seasoned manager yes butt one who has always had questions hanging over his tactics and ability. He has always struck me as someone with a chip on his sholder and punching in a class above his weight and struggling as team manager never mind a national one.
    Future - For Sam he will return to football on a £M deal for a struggling team (his area of specialty) and this will all be brushed under the carpet. England are left embarrassed and without a manger but it is time to reset and do things properly.

Should Sam be banned from football all together? I would say yes. Surely he is unfit to be in football through his low standards and would fail a test similar to what chairmen or consortiums hqve pass.

I would have said his low standards are a perfect fit for the game!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Football management is all about the highs and the lows:

- a high level of greed, duplicity and dishonesty

- a low level of integrity, morality and intelligence (although intelligence might be a "very low").
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".