Thread: Repairing Windshell

Repairing Windshell

I've managed to get a 2cm cut in front of my OMM Sonic Smock Windshell.

Has anyone got any advice on repairing one? It's not a waterproof - just a windshirt

I've had success repairing tears in waterproof jackets and rucksacks using McNett seamgrip before, you could give that a try? I just 'painted' it over the rips and let it dry.
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/mcnett-g...m-grip-p107601

You can get fabric repair tape/patches from shops that sell sewing stuff - I've used strips cut from one of them to successfully repair sections of delaminated taped seams. But I also put a piece cut from one on the outside of a kayaking jacket that had a small burn hole in it (must stop lighting fires) and its remained stuck on for two seasons paddling. You can get ones that iron on but I have found the peel and stick ones to be fine.
    If you are patching a cut, try putting the patch on the inside of the jacket, it could be almost impossible to see from outside.

spinnaker repair tape. self adhesive, comes in lots of colours, rip stop nylon. Ive used this on waterproofs by putting seam sealent on the inside after putting the patch on.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/37128...1219804&crdt=0

Cheers all. I emailed OMM and they replied (instantly actually, which was impressive) and suggested just stitching with a fine needle and then using waterproof duck tape on the inside if required to proof it. I've just stitched it so far - may use some seam sealant on the inside to finish it off.

Shamefully, I actually achieved the cut from excitingly opening the postmans's ruddy parcel with a pair of scissors

That's sad. Could be worse though - have you come across "The Gift" by the Velvet Underground?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    That's sad. Could be worse though - have you come across "The Gift" by the Velvet Underground?
    Ha! Made me chuckle!
    Haven't listened to it in a while - may gave to go on a vinyl hunt.......

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    Sorry missed this - always a welcome to see a diversion into VU territory. Good call