Thread: Headtorch Repair

Headtorch Repair

Just wondering if anyone knows. or has thoughts as to how/where I can have a head torch repaired/investigated in the York Dales/Lakes area? To be honest I'm guessing its not worth the bother but it seem a lot of kit to chuck away just because potentially there's a wire loose or something. I might just take it to bits myself ultimately. Its a Black Diamond Icon, so decent but probably I could improve on it these days.

Cheers.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Same problem with me! It managed 3 years of fell running & then I dropped it on bonfire night & it's stopped working. A Lenser H7R, which I loved.

Bit late to respond here, may I suggest buying one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gascat-Buta.../dp/B0027UACW2

Worst case scenario you'll have a new toy
    pies

Not at all helpful, but I have found Hope really good at doing running repairs. The battery pack of my Hope light broke during a run. After inquiring with hope if I could buy a new battery pack by itself, they said "no, just send the old one in and we'll mend it or send you a new one".

I was dead chuffed with the customer service, so just thought I'd share. It'll influence the next torch I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by PiesAreGood View Post
    Not at all helpful, but I have found Hope really good at doing running repairs. The battery pack of my Hope light broke during a run. After inquiring with hope if I could buy a new battery pack by itself, they said "no, just send the old one in and we'll mend it or send you a new one".

I was dead chuffed with the customer service, so just thought I'd share. It'll influence the next torch I buy.
    Indeed PAG, see all the posts in this thread, http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...-Enlightenment

Ian Roberts, Bowland FR.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Same problem with me! It managed 3 years of fell running & then I dropped it on bonfire night & it's stopped working. A Lenser H7R, which I loved.
    I had one of those which stopped working and I emailed them on their website link and sent it back - replaced for free very quickly.
    Will Meredith - Pennine