That's fasted, not faster, sadly..

Anyone do this? any views, informed or otherwise?

Thought I'd try this over the w/e. Have read a bit about the whole low carb thing, and particularly fasted training in the morning, albeit mostly from ultra websites. The idea and appeal is firstly for weight loss, but also training the body to run on a higher proportion of fat. I'm not overly convinced by the evidence I've read about the latter, but if it works then it could be useful (I mostly do AL's) - hence I thought I might give it a go through the off-season and see what happens.

So went out for a couple of hours of rolling off-road running, on literally nothing other than water (ie no coffee either - didn't want to wake the house up). Felt fine throughout, although was noticeably slower (15-30 secs/mile slower?), and I was also much colder than normal - presumably the intensity wasn't high enough to generate enough heat.

Question is (other than does anyone else do it / does it work?) what are you meant to eat when you come home, wasted and ravenous? if you hit the toast and other carbs, does that undo all the (questionable) good work you've just done? otherwise you risk losing the rest of your day as you wander around in a low-blood sugar daze.

Wondered what others thought? I'm not overly convinced myself. To be fair to the ultra websites who espouse it, an ultra is run at a much lower intensity than a 2-4hr fell race, so perhaps it works for that kind of exertion but not higher?