Thread: Lakes 24h record progress

Lakes 24h record progress

Does anyone know where I could find information about which tops were included in the lakes 24h record by each of the record holders (both male and female) over the years. The Bob Graham website only seems to contain a list for the current records and all eligible additional tops. Thanks.

For the women's... Anne Stentiford's list of tops is here: http://www.macclesfield-harriers.co....ourRecord.html
    It shows the 4 that she added, so that will tell you what Anne-Marie Grindley did for the previous record, which I think was the first extended women's round.
    And no doubt you will already have Nicky's list of tops.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

The rules for the 24hr record are, either:

1. visit the same tops as the current record in a quicker time
    2. visit the same tops as the current record PLUS one or more valid tops within 24hrs

So basically you just need to find what each record holder added as an additional top (if they did).

It is worth checking "42 Peaks" as that includes a history of the 24hr record but I can't remember if it lists the extra tops each record holder added. This is something that I could update on the site - Catstycam is the additional top added by Mark Hartell, this is noted on the website, so that gives you Mark McDermott's list.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I'm fairly sure that "studmarks on the summits" gives the Heaton, Beard and Naylor lists.

OK, from SMotS

Ken Heaton, 1961 added: Pike O'Blisco; Cold Pike; Crinkle Crags; Shelter Crags; Allen Crags; Pavey Ark; Loft Crag; Lingmell; Scoat Fell; Skiddaw Little Man
    Alan Heaton, 1962: Aiken Knott; Scar Crags; Causey Pike
    Eric Beard, 1963: Greatrigg Man; Grisedale Pike (also substituted Scar Crags and Causey Pike with Sail and Crag Hill)
    Alan Heaton, 1965: Red Howe; Scar Crags; Wandhope; Grasmoor; Sand Hill; Hobcarton Pike (Omitted Fairfield and Greatrigg Man)
    Jos Naylor, 1971: Base Brown (Substituted Causey Pike for Lingmell)
    Jos Naylor, 1972: Whiteless Pike; Lingmell
    Jos Naylor, 1975: Little Calva; Great Sca Fell; Knott; Coombe Height; Hart Crag

I assume the next one will be Mark McDermott
    Bob

I'm somewhat confused, you say the rules for the 24hr record are "visit the same tops as the current record" plus ... but in your latest post it seems that variations / substitutions were made.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I'm somewhat confused, you say the rules for the 24hr record are "visit the same tops as the current record" plus ... but in your latest post it seems that variations / substitutions were made.
    i can't remember when the current rules came in, it might be mentioned on the BGR club website, so the substitutions could have been valid at the time.

Just checked, it was 1971 probably after Jos's round of that year
    Last edited by Bob; 26-10-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    Bob