Thread: Hope and Enlightenment

Hope and Enlightenment

In pursuance of scientific inquiry a head torch analysis was undertaken this evening at a "take no prisoners" timed training run held in complete darkness over fell terrain at a secret location near Lothersdale.

Hope 65%

Petzl 12%

Some cheap Chinese thing from Aldi 12%

Others 11%

Illustrating that where there is Hope there is light.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Like it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Super Moderator
    I'm surprised Inov-8 haven't entered the head torch market. Mud-Glo 190 anyone?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'm surprised Inov-8 haven't entered the head torch market. Mud-Glo 190 anyone?
    Now now!

I always liked the name "MyTinySun" as a headtorch. Slightly on the expensive side though for a tight-wad like me.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I always liked the name "MyTinySun" as a headtorch. Slightly on the expensive side though for a tight-wad like me.
    Well I've had my Hope for over 7 years and it has never let me down in any way - all for the price of a (decent) bottle of wine a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well I've had my Hope for over 7 years and it has never let me down in any way - all for the price of a (decent) bottle of wine a year.
    I've owned and used a Hope V2 for nigh-on 6 years, running and cycling. Just one small problem 12 months ago when the lead on the battery displayed symptoms of discontinuity. Hope fitted a new battery lead, gratis ..... customer service beyond compare.
    However Graham, one small flaw in your 'test'; the location was within 5 miles or so of the Hope factory .... one would expect a preponderance of their product in that locale - how many of the participants were Hope employees?

Ian.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 27-11-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    However Graham, one small flaw in your 'test'; the location was within 5 miles or so of the Hope factory .... one would expect a preponderance of their product in that locale - how many of the participants were Hope employees?

Ian.
    Valid point Ian but none ran who I know work for Hope.

However next time we'll add a supplementary question: "And did you pay for it?"