Thread: Windy Hill Fell Race 2017

Windy Hill Fell Race 2017

Just a quick note to let you all know that online entries have opened for next years race.
    The race date is on the 12th February and the start time is 11:30am.

For those who do not know the race:

This is a popular race and tends to get around the 250-300 mark so its always best to book online where possible.
    There are entries on the day at a small increase of £1.50 to cover additional car parking and staffing on the day.
    There are about 120 free parking spaces but its on a first come first served basis, parking is then a small walk away at Hollingworth lake.
    Its a cracking race on good runnable trails and paths,with one memorable climb thrown into the mix.
    Its marked in most of the main areas and is very easy to navigate.
    Full kit requirements (due to the time of year its held in).
    Race is chip timed and the prizes are vast and very good quality.

To enter and for further info please see the site below:

http://cannonballevents.co.uk/windyhillfellrace

Be great to see you there !!

Happy xmas from the Cannonball Team.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Hi everyone, we have with just under 1 hour to go and we have 203 entered already. Many thanks to all those who have pre entered. Entry on the day is available for £10. Please note all runners must have a map and full FRA kit. Maps are for sale at the event (in limited supply for £2) but can be printed off from the website, please waterproof your map using a suitable cover. Car parking at the venue is limited to approx 120 spaces, so please car pool or get there early to park at the club or when full park at the visitor centre or near car park. There are plenty of spaces at the later and once the Rugby Club car park is full, a marshal will direct you at the bottom of the lane to park in these car parks and not to continue to the club. Please allow time to walk to the club in case parking at the club is full and bring your full kit for inspection. Many thanks to Pete Bland Sports for sponsoring some of the amazing prizes we have. We are also hoping to have some drone footage of the event, which we will hopefully be able to show you at the race or on a link once edited. Many thanks
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

First time running this very well organised race, that started and finished at a nice warm rugby club with food and hot drinks. This was a bonus as it snowed and blew for the whole event. No vest and shorts today!
    Thanks to the organisers and marshals who endured horrific condition on top.

My first time too. What a cracking race! Although I have to admit I was pleased to get out of the blizzard on the tops, poor marshals! They must have taken some thawing out! Will definately be returning to this race again, great course, well organised and super atmosphere.

Twas fun up by the motorway, but someone has to do it, glad everyone got back ok on a horrendous day. I have never raced in anything that bad and felt sorry for some of the runners, one lady had especially pink legs.

Dan

Superstar marshals up there yesterday. Heard your shout Dan but my tame reply was probably lost in the wind, could barely move my jaw to speak, ha ha!!

Well done Cannonball team on another superbly organised race
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC