Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical cert. french race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Medical cert. french race

I am planning to enter a modest "course nature" in France in 2017 but really don't want to pay c£50 for the required medical certificate. I'd like to mock one up for myself, but I don't know what they look like. If anyone could scan and email me a copy of one I'd be very grateful.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Here's an example of one I'm using for the Marmotte Cycle Challenge next year. IMG_1019.jpg

Thanks very much. I'm puzzled - do race organisers always supply a template form specific to their race, which has to be completed by one's doctor, or do they sometimes demand that the doctor supply his/her own form or letter? And if the certificate is supposed to last for one year, is it returned to the applicant? How does that work if it is specific to the race? I'd be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    You might want to check out this thread:
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...al+certificate
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

PeteS, thanks SO much. Exactly what I need. As my GP does parkruns, I'm hoping that if I arrive with this form all nicely printed out, she won't charge me just for adding her name and stamp. And thanks to Tussockface and Vampire too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    PeteS, thanks SO much. Exactly what I need. As my GP does parkruns, I'm hoping that if I arrive with this form all nicely printed out, she won't charge me just for adding her name and stamp. And thanks to Tussockface and Vampire too.
    I hope you have second thoughts and don't put your GP in this position!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I hope you have second thoughts and don't put your GP in this position!
    I would have though her GP is the one person who knows she does not have any fitness issues that would be relevant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I would have though her GP is the one person who knows she does not have any fitness issues that would be relevant.
    Her GP may know her current health and fitness status well, in which case my statement is partly irrelevant, but to have a form thrust upon you in a non professional setting does not strike me as ideal. Is seeing somebody in the park examining them? Is reviewing them in a different context on a previous occasion good enough?
    Last edited by Mike T; 13-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Her GP may know her current health and fitness status well, in which case my statement is partly irrelevant, but to have a form thrust upon you in a non professional setting does not strike me as ideal. Is seeing somebody in the park examining them? Is reviewing them in a different context on a previous occasion good enough?
    No, I didn't mean I'd ask my GP to sign a form at a parkrun. IMO that would be seriously bad behaviour on my part. I meant that the fact that she runs parkruns and that we sometimes run the same one suggests that she would look sympathetically on my ambition to run a French race. Since at 74 I have LOTS of things wrong with me, my GP sees me frequently, and I was imagining taking advantage of one of these sessions to produce my form.

When I did a bike race in France, they just took my British Cycling licence to be prove of my fitness to compete. Is there no scope for just flashing your FRA membership card at them on the start line? :-)