Thread: Reccie of BG

Reccie of BG

So I am making my plans now for an attempt

If I were to do a recci of whole route split over three separate days what would be the best way of doing it logistically- particularly leaving the car in one place and getting back to it

Is that three separate days returning to the car each time or the whole route in one go but over three days? As a full recce I wouldn't do it Keswick to Keswick, starting/finishing at the campsite in Rosthwaite and joining the route somewhere around Esk Hause would be my preferred option.

Three separate days:

Day 1: Park at Rosthwaite/Seatoller, up to Stake Pass, follow route to Honister, back to car.
    Day 2: Leave car in Keswick, bus to Seatoller/Honister, do leg 5 then leg 1 then back to Keswick
    Day 3: Leave car at Dunmail, bus/hitch to Threlkeld, do leg 2 back to Dunmail, then first half of next leg to Stake Pass and back.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Is that three separate days returning to the car each time or the whole route in one go but over three days? As a full recce I wouldn't do it Keswick to Keswick, starting/finishing at the campsite in Rosthwaite and joining the route somewhere around Esk Hause would be my preferred option.

Three separate days:

Day 1: Park at Rosthwaite/Seatoller, up to Stake Pass, follow route to Honister, back to car.
    Day 2: Leave car in Keswick, bus to Seatoller/Honister, do leg 5 then leg 1 then back to Keswick
    Day 3: Leave car at Dunmail, bus/hitch to Threlkeld, do leg 2 back to Dunmail, then first half of next leg to Stake Pass and back.
    Thanks Bob - yes three totally separate days

Camping barn at Dunmail, Wasdale Inn, Hosister YHA can also be used as overnight stops if carrying on the next day.