Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So... 2016 then?

Hi Ian, Yes Steve would count as an epic BG, the Dodds were not very friendly for us...... 2001 was a tough year........oh hang on they're all tough on the Heb! We 'rescued' the Greek swimmer from the team - they'd just left him at a swim start (cold wind and rain) and drove off to find their paddler and biker from the previous section - got him in the van as our swimmer was getting ready and as we were just ready to go, his team turned up again.
    A circular route mostly downhill

At 68 I am not Sure If I have peaked yet just been checking on what I did record on foot, during 2017 which was 6296 km ( or 3912 miles) with 147,527mtrs of ascent, must have taken my eye off the ball somewhere as I was hoping for 6450 km, or just maybe I peaked in 2016, but I will try harder this year.

99% of the mileage was done off road none of it fast but all with my border collie and extremely enjoyable, for those that know where to look my stats are on Strava.

Off to a slow start this year though only done 130 km with 3265 mtrs of ascent, so onwards and forwards.
    The older I get the Faster I was