Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov8 Mudclaws 300 - Red

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Inov8 Mudclaws 300 - Red

On behalf of my husband Jeff, does anybody know if the Invo8 Mudclaw 300s in the new colour of red, the same fit and feel as the old yellow coloured version?
    Cath Hignett

Waugh's Well

Red is no longer the "new" colour, there is a new "new" colour of luminous yellow https://www.inov-8.com/mudclaw-300-t...g-shoes-yellow

The good news is that the red ones are on sale at most websites.

Sorry, can't answer your actual question though :-)

The red ones are the same as the previous Red/Blue 300s. They are pretty different from the Yellow 300s.

If you want a replica of the Yellow 300s they are available from Pete Blands in Black/Green, and now called Classics.

The red ones are a great shoe (IMO) but have been criticised due to the lug/grip being less rugged than the Yellows, and they have a flat profile sole without the rounded heel sole of that shoe. The actual fit of both shoes is pretty much identical though.

Studs are 8mm instead of 10mm on the classics (if I remember rightly - something like that anyway!). Personally I think the flatter profile makes up for this, as there is more ground contact. They are also lighter (presumably because of less rubber!) - nearer 265g than the 300g for a UK size 7.5

The current 300 is basically the 265 with a little more drop, isn't it? Identical in all other respects I think.

I don't understand why innov8 have to keep changing their shoes. The Mudclaw 333 was a great shoe that did everything that was asked of it. The increasing appearance of Salamon shoes at training and races indicates peoples frustration with the changes.
    I can understand why Nike and Adidas introduce new ranges for the fashion market but most innov8 wearers couldn't give a monkeys about the colour of shoe they are going to immerse in sheep muck and peat.

the upside of the annual utterly unnecessary change in colours is that that you can usually find last year's (or last week's) colour heavily discounted somewhere. I often wonder if it's a carefully crafted way of offering two pricing levels - the full price for those working in Canary Wharf or doing Crossfit workouts (whatever they are?), and the lower prices for old colours for their core fell-running customer base.

quite. it is standard marketing practice to create a market for your brand at the premium price point as well as the discounted price point. while also keeping your brand image fresh.

personally I rarely (if ever) pay full price for kit. there are tons of great offers out there if you're not fussed about the latest models. I love the mudclaw 265 (blue). I'm keen to try the x-claw and the x-talon 225 next, but not until they're available at a discount!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sned View Post
    the upside of the annual utterly unnecessary change in colours is that that you can usually find last year's (or last week's) colour heavily discounted somewhere. I often wonder if it's a carefully crafted way of offering two pricing levels - the full price for those working in Canary Wharf or doing Crossfit workouts (whatever they are?), and the lower prices for old colours for their core fell-running customer base.

The problem is it usually leads to me having a pair of brand new shoes in a box, for months, until I need them. I am like that at the moment with a pair of FellRaisers, which are excellent shoes.

That's me too DrPB! I have a brand new pair of Roclite 295s in a box, for when the ground is firmer and drier, a pair of hardly used Oroc 340s for when (if?) we get some proper ice again down sowf, a new pair of Asics Runnegade 2's for when the old one's fall apart and a pair of Asics DS Racers for when the old ones of those do the same - all bought for bargain prices in sales :-)