Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov8 Mudclaws 300 - Red

That's me too DrPB! I have a brand new pair of Roclite 295s in a box, for when the ground is firmer and drier, a pair of hardly used Oroc 340s for when (if?) we get some proper ice again down sowf, a new pair of Asics Runnegade 2's for when the old one's fall apart and a pair of Asics DS Racers for when the old ones of those do the same - all bought for bargain prices in sales :-)

The price is incredible for the durability. Great shoes and design though.

Is it not better to have one pair of good shoes and replace them every year rather than loads of budget shoes that aren't as good?

Thanks for all the comments, he has opted for the blue mudclaw classic from Pete Bland - to join the mountain of other shoes we have at various stages of wear and tear. Cheers!
    Cath Hignett

Waugh's Well

Banned
    Cracking answer.
    Use last year's for training and new ones for racing.

Buy cheap by twice or more ��

What is the actual difference them between the yellow classics (which i have) and the green ones you've shown below...and the new luminous yellow ones?

I was seriously considering treating myself to the new bright ones as the heel is starting to fall to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I bought a pair of the new style mudclaws - Blue and red (think these might be the ones you mean).
    They are definately not the same as the old yellow (and now black and green) version - my heel kept popping out of them so I sent them back and bought the classic black/green ones from Pete Blands - these are the ones which closest resemble the old yellow ones...

https://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pr...reen-black.htm

Here's the answer to the earlier comments about the change from a 10mm stud to an 8mm from Graham Jordison, chieff designer of Inov 8 in an online interview:

The shape of the cleats are such that the tips have less rubber on them, so the longer you make them, the more vulnerable they become to tearing. We feel 8mm is the perfect depth.

Banned
    So 9mm would be the best.��

Why did they stop making the 265? They were the best Inov 8 have made in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Why did they stop making the 265? They were the best Inov 8 have made in my opinion.
    Agreed.