Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spine race 2017

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    We're looking for 'dots' to support and wonder at! What's your name Chorlian, and DinoF your wife's name too!?
    DinoF's wife is Carol Morgan #78

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    Alasdair Cowell from Glossopdale Harriers is runner 407 in the Mountain Rescue Challenger.
    Looks glorious up there at the mo.
    Looks like he's going well, just approaching Malham. in 8th position.
    The leader is already N of H-i-R!
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Was doing the Trigger today in the opposite direction, and Pavel, Eugene and Eoin came past on Bleaklow... Pavel was leading by 15 seconds from Eugene, with Eoin Keith a further 2 or 3 minutes behind.

Moving at a decent pace given the conditions, certainly comparsble to at least mid-pack pace in the Trigger, amazing to think they'll keep it up for possibly a couple of days before sleeping!

The leaders in the full race are now just through Hawes, sub 29 hours; chapeau.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Probably going out tonight to meet up with them around Malham. I'm rooting for Sarah Fuller - 41, but know Carol Morgan as well and good luck to them all. Bet they haven't seen much of the view!

Just got back from a run up Pen-y-ghent. I could see headtorches coming up the hill so I stopped at the top for a bit and spoke to some competitors!

I went out to Malham last night and saw my friend Sarah and others plodding on through the mud and mist.They have to carry a lot and are spending a lot more time in the dark than daylight. A real test of endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Just got back from a run up Pen-y-ghent. I could see headtorches coming up the hill so I stopped at the top for a bit and spoke to some competitors!
    And were they happy? At least they haven't got the snow and ice to contend with this year.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    And were they happy? At least they haven't got the snow and ice to contend with this year.
    No they didn't seem very happy, maybe they thought I was a checkpoint only to discover a randomer stood at the top of Pen-y-ghent asking them how far they had run!

3 horse race now out of Bellingham. Noticed they took a faster route via Gib Shiel so expecting penalties....