Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Documentary

[QUOTE=mr brightside;629948][QUOTE=Jaack;629932]Hello all,

Out of interest, there seems to be a lot of excentricities in the sport, has anyone got any partially interesting examples of this?
    It's a working class sport, and one where you can be yourself without suffering judgement. I think it's more the case that people just let themselves go in a way that you can't do anywhere else.

The bigrunningsurvey suggests that fell running is more the preserve of the better educated/higher paid social segment.
    social-space.jpg
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

[QUOTE=Wheeze;630040][QUOTE=mr brightside;629948]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaack View Post
    Hello all,

Out of interest, there seems to be a lot of excentricities in the sport, has anyone got any partially interesting examples of this?
    It's a working class sport, and one where you can be yourself without suffering judgement. I think it's more the case that people just let themselves go in a way that you can't do anywhere else.

The bigrunningsurvey suggests that fell running is more the preserve of the better educated/higher paid social segment.
    social-space.jpg
    ...and still working class, since we all work to earn money and pay the bills.

too true....which is why I avoided the outmoded term 'class'!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Dont forget that the great fell running rivalry of the 1980's was 'the council gardener versus the RAF officer'

What became of John Wild??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    This won't help you at all: http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...-John-Wild-now . Maybe something will be revealed in Steve Chilton's new book?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    See pages 56 - 60 of the Spring 2011 FRM - some superb photographs by the dear, late Pete Hartley of the 40th Anniversary FRA 'Do' with a gathering of past champions. John features in a couple of the shots. I wouldn't want to speak out of turn, but he does not particularly look as if he's "in training".
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!