Thread: Manx Mountain Marathon

Manx Mountain Marathon

The Manx Mountain Marathon is back!

After a spell as the Isle of Man Mountain Ultra the original Manx Mountain Marathon is back and being held on the 8th July 2017. This will feature the traditional half Mountain Marathon starting from St Johns along with a slightly revised route harking back to the pre 2015 route.

Watch this space for information and entry details which will be coming soon.

Murph
    Good going down !!

I hope you get a good turnout, murph. I'd enter if it didn't clash with Pennine 39. I have happy memories of 2006 and 2007.

Looking out for more details Murph. A brilliant route along a spine of fine hills.

To confirm the new date will be Saturday July the 8th, start times will alter slightly to - 8am for the early start, 9am for the main start and 1pm for the half marathon from St Johns.
    Entry fees will be frozen at that of 2016 and entries via Si Entries will be available by the end of the week, a link to which will be posted here asap.
    the route between St Johns and Cronk Ny Aarey Laa may be amended, but this is yet to be confirmed.
    Murph
    Good going down !!

Don't delay enter online here - https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=3459
    Good going down !!

I understand the 2018 race is reverting back to traditional easter weekend, and I'm very pleased about this as it means i'll be in attendance all being well...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I understand the 2018 race is reverting back to traditional easter weekend, and I'm very pleased about this as it means i'll be in attendance all being well...!
    That's interesting Pete. I'm looking forward to make a return to this event and that might work out fine in my schedule......also want to introduce the joys of this race to Mrs C.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    That's interesting Pete. I'm looking forward to make a return to this event and that might work out fine in my schedule......also want to introduce the joys of this race to Mrs C.
    The ferry schedules for that time of year are not out yet, but the Steam Packet inform me that the timetables will be sorted by late Sept/early Oct...

Have wanted to do this since i started fell running... partly due to it being a classic race, and partly due to having family on the island, and memories of holidays there as a youngster... 2018 there's no clashes and no excuses...!

Sounds like the “perfect storm” for you Pete, go for it. It is certainly a classic route and one to tick off the fell race bucket list. I previously flew from Birmingham and hired a car as that was cheaper for 3 of us v the ferry option, but will look to see what the latest options are for 2018.
    Totley AC

The Manx Mountain Marathon will definitely be returning to its traditional date on Easter Saturday 31st March 2018. The attempts to rejuvenate the race by holding it later in the year have not worked. Hopefully a return to the Easter weekend will keep the race alive as it is very much in danger of disappearing of the calendar if it does not receive more support. We at Manx Fell Runners believe we have a classic race that receives fantastic feed back from all who take part in it. Here`s hoping for a turn in fortunes in 2018. Entries will open shortly. Anyone planning on coming over to the island should note that flights can be purchased at reasonable prices if booked early.