Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Numbers

I always suspected LaToya and Michael!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

That would certainly explain Breezy's moonwalking on the dancefloor at the FRA do the other year. It's all starting to make sense to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Sequential numbers starting from 1 (sound obvious but its very tempting to use left over numbers from last year)
    I'm told by our friendly local running shop who supplies numbers that it is possible to just reorder the numbers you want..
    so if you bought 1-400 and 230 turn up, you can reorder for next year(or next race) just number 1-230

The FRA guideline is that the number should end in 1, so as to make it easier to calculate the number of runners. Thus, number ranges can start at 1, 51, 101, 201 etc.. Other starting numbers can be used, but these are the easiest in my experience. This is the method used for junior age group races, e.g. championship races, where each age group starts at an 01 number - 1, 101, 201, 301, etc..

However, there is another trap for the unwary. Last year we opened a sealed pack of numbers for a senior race, which contained two number 21's. Fortunately, although they were issued, the error was spotted and rectified before the start of the race.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over