Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding Pacers / Offering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finding Pacers / Offering

Hi everyone,
    I am looking to make my first attempt on the BGR this summer. I live down south sadly, so the usual problems of training and getting time to recce the route apply.

I have a question about pacers.

Before I ask the BGR community to help me on my own attempt, I would like to support someone else with their effort, either manning a road-station crossing or (preferably) bag-carrying on a leg or two.

My questions:
    - Is this forum the best place for me to lookout for people who want someone to help them?
    - Is there scope for a separate website matching up people volunteering to help and people asking for help?
    - What should I do, when asking for help with my own attempt in the summer, to ensure that I don't annoy people who I am asking to generously give up their time and expertise in exchange for a bit of suffering with a stranger from down south in the hills?
    - Is anyone planning an early summer attempt who would like me to support them?

Thank you all in advance,

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum BG

Are you planning on visiting Lakeland for training / route-finding / acclimatisation? If so post on the forum and there's a good chance other aspirants or local BG'ers will meet you. It might not be as hard as you think to build up a network of Bobbers. It's even possible there are other runners relatively close to you with similar plans

Over the last few years we've had a "Class of 201#" thread. Look out for this year's and good luck!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Welcome to the forum BG

Are you planning on visiting Lakeland for training / route-finding / acclimatisation? If so post on the forum and there's a good chance other aspirants or local BG'ers will meet you. It might not be as hard as you think to build up a network of Bobbers. It's even possible there are other runners relatively close to you with similar plans

Over the last few years we've had a "Class of 201#" thread. Look out for this year's and good luck!
    What have stripped down motorcycle's got to do with the BGR ? or is a round with trials bike support on the cards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobber_%28motorcycle%29
    The older I get the Faster I was

Thank you very much!

Give me a shout if you need support and, if available, I'll help out. There may also be people I know who can also help support. The facebook Bob Graham group is also quite good but not as easy to keep track of conversations. Good luck with it all.

Thank you!

do you know of many doing it through June? I'd be glad to help out with some legs for experience of the route and practice and may then give it a go myself late June/ early July.

Hi Charles, if your making an attempt I'd love to help out?

Hi all - Me and a friend got a planned date of 26th July leaving at 10-11pm. Road support all sorted but any help with carrying kit/navving on the legs would be much appreciated. We have reccied all legs except 2. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmynoodles View Post
    Hi all - Me and a friend got a planned date of 26th July leaving at 10-11pm. Road support all sorted but any help with carrying kit/navving on the legs would be much appreciated. We have reccied all legs except 2. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Jimmynoodles - I should be able to help out on Leg 1 or Leg 2. can I just check that it is Wednesday 26th July and you'd be departing Threlkeld for leg 2 at around 2-3am on Thursday 27th July. Cheers