Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video - Kenny Stuart

Graham, I know what you mean. I've provided some tales about climbing to an author who's book is nearly a decade away (coincides with an anniversary) and I questioned why so far ahead:

A who did first winter ascents with B died very suddenly last year. Fortunately I have a full account from B. C has gone senile and can’t remember anything according to his wife. D has Parkinson’s. E is drifting into senility and it’s very difficult to get anything out of him according to his son, etc etc - got to get on with it!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Epic! Love the guy doing it in his rugby kit!
    Tough and technical descent. watch those walls boys.
    As part of the great mid 80's 'dilution' I was privileged to have raced Fairfield from the Ambleside show which retained some of the flavour on evidence in the video. Will never forget being caught by the hounds when they were set off on their race hours after us!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Masterclass!
    Stuart is without doubt a fell running legend, few will ever get near his fell running prowess.
    In the days when I was racing regularly, I used to pride myself on my ability to keep running up gradients which had many of my competitors walking; but no way could I have run up some of the slopes that Kenny is seen running up in that video!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Tough and technical descent. watch those walls boys.
    That's why they have the dry-stone walling competition after the race: to repair the damage that the runners have done!

[QUOTE=Wheeze;630830] .....

I was privileged to have raced Fairfield from the Ambleside show which retained some of the flavour on evidence in the video .....QUOTE]

Simon, I ran in the 1984 inaugural edition of that race - The Metlex Round of Rydal - sponsored by Metlex a bathroom fittings manufacturer from Birmingham. Fred Reeves, featured with Kenny in the video, had just been re-instated as an amateur and was involved in the organisation of the race.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

... and if you want to meet Kenny (and fellow legend John Wild), he will be at the book launch for 'Running Hard: the story of a rivalry' at the Skiddaw Hotel, Keswick at 3-30pm this Saturday (18th Feb), along with several other fell legends. Come and hear some stories. Tickets from Bookends, Keswick or direct from me by email ([email protected]). You may of course just rock upon the day.
    https://itsahill.wordpress.com/2017/...-running-hard/
    advert.jpg