Thread: Myo XP stopped working

undercover moderator

Myo XP stopped working

My Petzl Myo XP has stopped working.

It starts working again if I hit it against the wall. Sometimes I remember to take it off first.

On the offchance, does anyone know how to fix them?

Re: Myo XP stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post

It starts working again if I hit it against the wall. Sometimes I remember to take it off first.

Mine stopped working last week, just before the SLMM

After a little bit if investigating I realised the conductor had snapped inside the wire from the battery pack - just where it enters the light part of the head torch from the elasticated headband. I had to strip it down , cut out the damaged section of cable (approximately 25mm) and re-solder it to the LED circuit board. It works fine now

Shortly before it stopped working completely it started going on and off at random (probably as the snapped wire made or broke contact) when it went off the batteries got hot, does yours do the same?
    I've learnt so much from my mistakes, I'm actually thinking about making a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt View Post
    Mine stopped working last week, just before the SLMM

After a little bit if investigating I realised the conductor had snapped inside the wire from the battery pack - just where it enters the light part of the head torch from the elasticated headband. I had to strip it down , cut out the damaged section of cable (approximately 25mm) and re-solder it to the LED circuit board. It works fine now

Shortly before it stopped working completely it started going on and off at random (probably as the snapped wire made or broke contact) when it went off the batteries got hot, does yours do the same?
    I've sent a couple back with this problem over the years, Petzl have always replaced them.

Mud, sweetpea.

Stop bashing your head. It won't help.

undercover moderator

Thank you for almost all of that advice.

I'm more use with a hammer than a soldering iron though, so I'll do a nice email to Petzl.

Thank you for almost all of that advice.

I'm more use with a hammer than a soldering iron though, so I'll do a nice email to Petzl.
    Sounds like the best idea.

I would have probably done that if I hadn’t found out it had failed completely, less than 24 hours before I needed it for the SLMM

And been a tight Yorkshire man I didn’t fancy spending another £50ish quid on a new head torch:wink:
    I've learnt so much from my mistakes, I'm actually thinking about making a few more.

Had the same problem and Petzl directed me to Lyon Equipment, their uk distributor.
    The service from Lyon was fantastic. They received it, fixed it and sent it back within a day and charged nothing (think it was within warranty period but I had no receipts to prove this)

undercover moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ajb View Post
    Had the same problem and Petzl directed me to Lyon Equipment, their uk distributor.
    The service from Lyon was fantastic. They received it, fixed it and sent it back within a day and charged nothing (think it was within warranty period but I had no receipts to prove this)
    Petzl and Lyon are lovely.

Mine was definitely out of warranty, but when I finally posted it back last week, Lyon sent me a replacement by return.

Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by ajb View Post
    would you happen to have Lyon address, please?
    Thank you,

Hi Sunglow911

This is quite an old thread from back in 2010!

However, you can contact the customer services team for the Petzl UK Agency at Lyon Equipment. You can email them direct on [email protected]

Hope that helps