Thread: Hoka Challenger 2

Hoka Challenger 2

Tried some of these recently as an ex demo shoe on the cheap. Interesting feel to them. I've tried them both on and off road and quite like them on road, very good for easy miles I've found.

Not so good off road, I found they behave like a sledge on mud because of the large footprint presumably, and my feet tilt around in them too much on uneven terrain. I reckon they'd be great for managed trails like reservoir paths and such like which are typically dry and level with gravel or sandy surfaces. I don't think I would dare fell run in them though!
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    Tried some of these recently as an ex demo shoe on the cheap. Interesting feel to them. I've tried them both on and off road and quite like them on road, very good for easy miles I've found.

Not so good off road, I found they behave like a sledge on mud because of the large footprint presumably, and my feet tilt around in them too much on uneven terrain. I reckon they'd be great for managed trails like reservoir paths and such like which are typically dry and level with gravel or sandy surfaces. I don't think I would dare fell run in them though!
    Rob, I have a pair primarily for road but I find them very good on trails too. Wouldn't wear on the fells. Would consider them for Haworth Hobble where the mix of terrains means any shoe type is a compromise for about half the race either way.