Thread: Hi all- Bob Graham Round

Hi all- Bob Graham Round

Hi there folks...
    My name is Gavin...
    I am a newbie in the amazing fell runners scene and love it!! I have taken the step to attempt to run the Bob Graham round this coming 10th/11th June. I am a bit overwhelmed by it but feel positive that I will give it a good effort and will succeed. I will break my back in trying.
    I am contacting you in the hope that you could help. I wish to network and volunteer to help peopl in their efforts in training, recce's and attempts for the round..make friends and also hope I can get help in the same vain..
    I am fully committed to giving my all on my attempt and will help others in the same fashion
    If you are interested please give me a shout..
    Look forward to meeting hopefully many of you wonderful people soon..

I have a Bob Graham Round Face book group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587393767942332/

Please share to any possible interested parties and so on

I thank you for you time and energy in reading this and any help you give is appreciated.

I am more than happy to take a call anytime to chew the fat on this,

My mob no is: 07956115538

Regards
    Gavin Sandford

Quote Originally Posted by gavin sandford View Post
    Hi there folks...
    My name is Gavin...
    I am a newbie in the amazing fell runners scene and love it!! I have taken the step to attempt to run the Bob Graham round this coming 10th/11th June. I am a bit overwhelmed by it but feel positive that I will give it a good effort and will succeed. I will break my back in trying.
    I am contacting you in the hope that you could help. I wish to network and volunteer to help peopl in their efforts in training, recce's and attempts for the round..make friends and also hope I can get help in the same vain..
    I am fully committed to giving my all on my attempt and will help others in the same fashion

I thank you for you time and energy in reading this and any help you give is appreciated.

Regards
    Gavin Sandford
    From newbie to Bob Graham completer is quite a leap. I'd be surprised if any of the old BG hands would risk their reputations when confronted by such a posting, I think you should perhaps detail your running experience up to press so that any potential supporters can make a determined judgement if your something they want to be associated with.

Let's put it this way, I'm planning an attempt this year or next after years on the fells and I wouldn't have had the neck to post this.
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Good post 'hopper. It's not about reputations it's more about wasting time, fuel etc.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Craghopper View Post
    From newbie to Bob Graham completer is quite a leap. I'd be surprised if any of the old BG hands would risk their reputations when confronted by such a posting, I think you should perhaps detail your running experience up to press so that any potential supporters can make a determined judgement if your something they want to be associated with.

Let's put it this way, I'm planning an attempt this year or next after years on the fells and I wouldn't have had the neck to post this.
    Mike
    It may be a naïve post but lets give him the benefit of the doubt. If it's the same Gavin Sandford he's done a few long runs...

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gavin-r...-sahara-desert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28600800

I was one of those newbies too without a fell-running CV but I managed to make awesome friends through here, got given great advise and were invited to group training runs also helped few attempts beforehand to get the full insight to it.

So I would say to tag along with the Class of 2017 hopefuls and help few attempts to know what else is involved for a successful round. Good luck and may the force be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Hello everyone.

I am fairly new at fell running but I think I am coping well

I am setting myself a challenge, i.e to do the BGR in 2013. I am in awe of Andrews efforts and very much in the same thoughts to attempt it on my birthday weekend.

I would be very interested in supporting people on their attempts, also to come along on the training runs with them over the upcoming weekends.

Can fellow fell runners please keep me posted on here.

Much appreciated. :thumbup:

Adnan.

_|_
    ./\.

There's nothing like rocking up to help out on a few attempts. Helping out on somebody else's big adventure is great fun and very rewarding and you earn lots of good Karma, street cred and Kudos. I'd volunteer to support, but I'm planning another big adventure on that weekend myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gavin sandford View Post
    Hi there folks...
    My name is Gavin...

Regards
    Gavin Sandford
    Hi Gavin. We all start from somewhere and it looks like you have a good base for going for this. have you done any recces as yet. If you have some days out getting to know the route, hitting target times (from schedules)etc, you'll have a good idea of where you are in terms of giving it a go. Join some recces advertised on here and that way you build knowledge and contact with the like minded!