On a more on topic update.

Clearly the limit was breached some time ago, with now a waiting list of some 50 odd runners.

The evidence would suggest that in the past a good number of entrants change their minds / don't turn up.

Below is a copy of the email that all entrants are about to receive

We hopethat we can sort an entry for everyone who wants to run, but this is going to depend upon a level of co-operation from those who have entered and who mayhave, or are about to, change their mind about running. This may be because ofa clash of commitments, an injury, illness or perhaps upon reflection realisingthat the entry was based upon a certain degree of unfounded optimism abouttheir potential for raising their fitness to the hoped for level by the backend of June.
In thepast, for some oversubscribed events, the organising team have been able tomanage the entries and get everyone a run. We would like to achieve this.
There aretwo ways that you can help, if you find that you are unable to run.
Firstly- You let me know that you wish tocancel your entry. I then invite the person that is top of the waiting list,they have 7 days to enter. Once they have confirmed their entry, I cancel yourentry and am able to refund you £12 of your entry fee – we have to pay an admincharge, so can’t give a full refund. This is perhaps, the fairest way as I canmanage the waiting list on a first come first served basis. We won’t be able togive refunds unless we can move someone from the waiting list onto your entry,as we have already incurred costs based on the number of entries.
Secondly –substitutions are allowed. These work independently of any input from the eventmanagement. You can go to your entry and edit it, substituting your name withsomeone else’s – hopefully you know someone on the waiting list. We think thatthis will remove the person from the waiting list automatically.

If you findthat you are unable to run and are able to return your entry and want me to tryto arrange for someone from the waiting list to have your entry then pleasecontact me, Andrew Bradley, by email at ..............

If you know of anyone who has changed their mind, then please encourage them to do the decent thing and let us know.
We don't want no shows - when there is still a waiting list.

thanks