Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Holloway memorial

I guess it was inevitable after the rush for the Edale Skyline...

Was rather surprised that there was no entry criteria, or qualifying races required... but I guess that means extra work for the organisers to check through.

I'm in, and saw several forumites on the start list.

MrRTS is in :-) 302 already entered!!

We have been keen to encouraged participation in the past. Allowing runners 8 hours to finish. We have taken the view that we are happy to be there all day.
    At some stage people have to get some experience.
    There are two opportunities for dropping out at road crossings.

This doesof course perhaps alter with moderate, or poor weather. There will be bad weather provision
    Last edited by Andrew B; 21-04-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Three entries left in less than 24 hours. Some going👌

Booked a b&b in Lorton...

Close to the 5 'Lords Seat' Wainwrights that I've not done, so they'll have to be climbed at some point.

Also right at the foot of the north ridge of Hopegill Head. I wonder if i'll be allowed to start the race there instead of Loweswater...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Booked a b&b in Lorton...

Close to the 5 'Lords Seat' Wainwrights that I've not done, so they'll have to be climbed at some point.

Also right at the foot of the north ridge of Hopegill Head. I wonder if i'll be allowed to start the race there instead of Loweswater...!
    I ran the Lorton Fells the day before Eskdale Elevation looking to bag new Wainwright summits. I managed to miss the top of both Graystones and Ling Fell according to that SummitBag app. Graystones is a really innocuous top with no obvious summit in the clag, but bit a mystery with Ling Fell as it has a great big trig on the top. Nice running there though.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    I ran the Lorton Fells the day before Eskdale Elevation looking to bag new Wainwright summits. I managed to miss the top of both Graystones and Ling Fell according to that SummitBag app. Graystones is a really innocuous top with no obvious summit in the clag, but bit a mystery with Ling Fell as it has a great big trig on the top. Nice running there though.
    Think I got up Ling Fell from the other (north) side, in a double with Sale Fell. I remember one had a decent path up, and the other was just a climb up open Fell. Can't remember which was which though.

For me it's linking up Whinlatter with the likes of Barf, Lord's Seat and Graystones, hopefully in one logical route, without putting too many miles under my belt the day before such a monstrous race...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Think I got up Ling Fell from the other (north) side, in a double with Sale Fell. I remember one had a decent path up, and the other was just a climb up open Fell. Can't remember which was which though.

For me it's linking up Whinlatter with the likes of Barf, Lord's Seat and Graystones, hopefully in one logical route, without putting too many miles under my belt the day before such a monstrous race...!
    I did a 22 mile reccie of a Snowdon Ultra route I'm doing in May on the Thursday, 18 miles of 7 Lorton Wainwrights on the Friday and then Eskdale Elevation on the Saturday. Was goosed before I started the race. Surprisingly, I didn't run brilliantly :-)

I started up Sale Fell, Broom Fell, Lords Seat, Barf, Whinlatter, Graystones, Ling Fell. Some steep stuff, climb up Graystones from Scawgill Bridge was pretty miserable and the Whinlatter bit was a little dull IMO, but the Vale of Lorton v good.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    I did a 22 mile reccie of a Snowdon Ultra route I'm doing in May on the Thursday, 18 miles of 7 Lorton Wainwrights on the Friday and then Eskdale Elevation on the Saturday. Was goosed before I started the race. Surprisingly, I didn't run brilliantly :-)

I started up Sale Fell, Broom Fell, Lords Seat, Barf, Whinlatter, Graystones, Ling Fell. Some steep stuff, climb up Graystones from Scawgill Bridge was pretty miserable and the Whinlatter bit was a little dull IMO, but the Vale of Lorton v good.
    Is that the UTS? i'm doing the 100 (well attempting to do it anyway).

Why are we contemplating the Aitkin Skyline the day before the Darren Holloway Race? Isn't it big enough? Go the day after.....unless you eat too much of the food after your run........