Thread: Saw this on the news

Banned
    Not surprising.

Just feel sorry for all concerned. Ive been in races with Lauren and its all very sad.

I had a very pleasant hour or so having beer with her after nine standards race a few years ago. I was basking in reflected glory as she'd just won the race.

A nicer person you couldn't wish to meet.

Incredibly sad that the extent of Ralph's injuries is so severe. 18 years with a minimum of 12 is more than many life sentences will serve, sadly I think that's about right in this case.

Very sad. I cannot help but think that something could have and should have been done that would have avoided this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Just feel sorry for all concerned. Ive been in races with Lauren and its all very sad.
    It's only sad as there is a victim with life changing injuries. Jeska is clearly a danger to the public.

Bit harsh Will, her parents are devastated and are others around her. Yes, she deserved what she got, but one must feel sorry that she could not come to terms with her gender issues. She had requested psychiatric (sp) help twice before the attack, but none was forthcoming.

have to agree with Matt. the criminality of the act does not mean it is not sad all round. it is clear from what is reported of the case that Lauren herself was suffering significant mental health issues leading up to the incident which is another sad aspect. it's sometimes easy to read stories like this and see them as a story about running rather than a very sad human story.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Bit harsh Will, her parents are devastated and are others around her. Yes, she deserved what she got, but one must feel sorry that she could not come to terms with her gender issues. She had requested psychiatric (sp) help twice before the attack, but none was forthcoming.

It's par for the course these days sadly. Mental health care is woeful in this country and I bet there is not a week goes by when some incident occurs that could have been avoided.
    I feel sorry for all involved.