Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilian Jornet for BGR?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I did leg 3.
    Cracking effort, the lad was going ok.
    I waited a couple of times for him to catch up on the climbs.
    He is great company and had some funny tails about Everest.
    Said it was like a big BOFRA.
    Hahaha
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Super Moderator
    I did leg 5, which is a shame because I missed you Stagger. Nice to see the lad do it properly ie Fell Pony vest, Ron Hills tied up with baling twine and a knackered pair of Washes. I tell you what though: that bloody big ex Spanish Army rucksack full of jam buttys, hard boiled eggs and pork pie took some carting up Dalehead. Great he got under 24 hours too. 23 hr 50 odd is very good for a part-time skier. Rumour is he's going to try for sub 23 mins at Keswick parkrun next weekend, but keep in under your hat please
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I did leg 5, which is a shame because I missed you Stagger. Nice to see the lad do it properly ie Fell Pony vest, Ron Hills tied up with baling twine and a knackered pair of Washes. I tell you what though: that bloody big ex Spanish Army rucksack full of jam buttys, hard boiled eggs and pork pie took some carting up Dalehead. Great he got under 24 hours too. 23 hr 50 odd is very good for a part-time skier. Rumour is he's going to try for sub 23 mins at Keswick parkrun next weekend, but keep in under your hat please
    Chapeau!

He did Parkrun in Keswick this am, but forgot his barcode; therefore no evidence of his sub-23min 5k. And he forgot to press start on his Suunto, so it ain't on Strava neither. He'll have to pull up his handmade, anatomically-stitched, performance socks to get a decent BGR!

Banned
    Legs are sore, tummy is rumbling from the pizza �� and 4 pints �� of Jennings.

I suggested to Kilian he should behave like an elite athlete but he wanted to be a true Cumbrian fell runner he said.

I'm fine, thanks for asking ��

Super Moderator
    One of the problems was he'd been told he could get a kebab on Gable. He was out in Keswick on Friday night getting lathered (his regular end of week piss-up wasn't going to stop 'just for a BG') and I think there was a mix-up with the local dialect. He was struggling on Hindscarth so I gave him a Greggs pasty and a vodka / Red Bull and we got him going again. One of my hardest ever supports. He asked me to show him some of the racing lines at Ilkley Moor but I'm not running with him again. Whisper it but I think he's a bit overated

Clearly has a hangover, he's not exactly running away from the field on the Skyline race at the moment - but I expect once his head clears he may put a bit of effort into the race.
    http://track.sportident.co.uk/compet...8-A20BE5E45F42
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Super Moderator
    Lad's sped up a bit moley. He was behind a crag having a fagbreak when I just texted him to get a move on. He didn't know pubs shut early on Sundays. Talk about rubbish prep . . .

Looks like he got there in the end, now sitting with his feet in a cool stream enjoying a pint and a crafty spliff.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Course record by 8 minutes - nothing like early closing to spur you on.