Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilian Jornet for BGR?

I hope he does attempt the record, several times. If he eventually breaks the record he will have then earned the title of record holder. Everyone attempting the BGR should respect the history and ethos of the round and reccy the complete route and not be parachuted in with a support party and be carried round. Jasmine Paris demonstrated that philosophy before she made her record double round. As did Nicky Spinks before her superb 11:02 JNLC run in April.

Does anyone know whether and when Killian Jornet's attempt is likely to happen?

I heard he pulled out because he was worried about the "rocky conditions".

I would guess somebody like him has more "plans" than is possible to do.
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 04-07-2017 at 08:02 AM.

He asked on Twitter "if now or September is better for Mosquitos in the Lake District?". He probably meant midgies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    He asked on Twitter "if now or September is better for Mosquitos in the Lake District?". He probably meant midgies.
    Midges can be a real problem if you're planning on running reeaallly slowly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    I would have thought that July is better for midges. I'd guess that by September they'd be beginning to die down a little. If he wants a best for midges round he might be better doing a frog graham to maximise proximity to water!

Looks like he's busy in September.... UTMB, Glen Coe, Ultra Pirineu.....
    http://www.lymbus.com/new-wp/wp-cont...IU-2017-lw.jpg

I assume Ricky's attempt has been postponed, could the radio silence from Killian be related to this? i.e. would it have been a jont Salomon event?

Would have been great publicity for them to do it together, but probably better for Salomon to really push Killian to beat the record. I originally thought they were hoping to get Ricky round in a recorrd time, with Killian supporting to give him a flavour of things, and then for KJ to better Ricky's time, getting a double record in one year.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Both being Salomon athletes, I too had wondered if the 2 proposed attempts were connected but its not looking like Ricky will be up to much running in the near future following his recent op - well certainly not BGR anyway.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast