Thread: Contacting t'committee

Contacting t'committee

Someone will know why....

I use Microsoft edge.

When I click the "mail" link next to a committee members name, I get a warning about switching to google chrome. The "no" option just cancels this. However if I take the yes option - hoping that good things will happen, I get taken to what appears to be a general search option - with a bonus invite for malware/save my PC/install/clean my PC.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    Someone will know why....

I use Microsoft edge.

When I click the "mail" link next to a committee members name, I get a warning about switching to google chrome. The "no" option just cancels this. However if I take the yes option - hoping that good things will happen, I get taken to what appears to be a general search option - with a bonus invite for malware/save my PC/install/clean my PC.

Any ideas?
    if it's computer issues then Brett may be the man to ask, you could PM him

all the email addresses are in the fellrunner mag and on the website.

If non of that works send me a PM and if I can't answer it I'll pass it on to the right person/subcommittee

The mail button next to each name is a link to the mailto: protocol along with the relevant email address. The mailto: protocol will launch whatever program you have set as the default for emails, which can be viewed/changed in the Control Panel under Default Programs. It sounds like you have this set to Chrome.

If you use a desktop email client, eg Outlook or Thunderbird, then you should set that as the default program. If you use webmail (like gmail, yahoo mail or similar) within your Edge browser then it is a bit more complicated. I know Chrome and Firefox allow you to set a webmail service as your default, but I don’t know about Edge.

The easy answer is to right-click the mail button which will give you an option something like “Copy Email Address” (Firefox) or “Copy shortcut” (Internet Explorer). I don’t know what it is in Edge, but I suspect it will be the same as Internet Explorer.

You can then write an email as normal and paste in the address you have copied. If Edge is like Internet Explorer then it will have included the mailto: text in front of the address and you will have to remove it before sending.

Thanks both. I have managed to find the email address elsewhere, but thanks for the offer of passing on my email.

I use yahoo for my mail, so was really pleased to see the bit about "more complicated"......haven't got much further with that....

I have copied links before, and removed the "mailto" part.