Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mearle Clough Race 2017

From race organiser Andy Firth:

"Get yourself along to enjoy an evening on Pendle, a free pasta supper and a chance to win a rucksack!"

From me:

"This is one of the best fell races in the calendar"

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    From race organiser Andy Firth:

"Get yourself along to enjoy an evening on Pendle, a free pasta supper and a chance to win a rucksack!"

From me:

"This is one of the best fell races in the calendar"
    Geoff Newsham has to take the credit for that - I'm just carrying on his tradition

Looking forward to this one as per, one of my favourites. Although like Wharfee said, I wouldn't mind a sprinkle of rain before race time
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by Also Ran View Post
    I could take a leak whilst flagging this morning if you think that will help!
    I'd rather you make sure those barking dogs at Mearley farm are well chained up. Sooner or later those chains are bound to snap...............
    See the light in the night

In my quest to 'tick off' all the fell races or thereabouts, it pains me to be missing tonight's race. It's one of the calendar highlights for me but Jack Bloor is a calling and needs must.
    Missing the pasta already!

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    In my quest to 'tick off' all the fell races or thereabouts, it pains me to be missing tonight's race. It's one of the calendar highlights for me but Jack Bloor is a calling and needs must.
    I'm sure Andy (RO) will understand, Daz. At least it leaves more pasta for the rest of us
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    So i need to do new races each year to guarantee your attendance

Dan

ps Bridestone tuesday 20th june.

194 for tonight's race - a record in a non championship race for Mearley. Was it the weather, free pasta supper or the number draw for the Haglofs rucksack? In any event thanks all for coming. In particular thanks are due to Pam the landlady at the Calfs Head, Keith at Fell and Mountain of Accrington for donating the rucksack and most of all my merry band of willing volunteers without whom races like this wouldn't happen! Oh and let's not forget Mr & Mrs Brierley of Worston House for use of the barn as HQ, and Matthew Birtwell of Little Mearley Farm whose farm we run through - without their co-operation we couldn't run that route since most of it isn't a public footpath.

Results are already on Clayton web site - should be on FRA site shortly

Same time next year, Mark it in your diaries!

Andy Firth - race organiser
    Last edited by Also Ran; 10-05-2017 at 01:42 AM.

[QUOTE=Also Ran;633052]194 for tonight's race - a record in a non championship race for Mearley. Was it the weather, free pasta supper or the number draw for the Haglofs rucksack?/QUOTE]

...or the fact that it is a pure and proper fell race, the prize list is long and generous and the RO isn't too bad a chap either.

"...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I've been contacted by a competitor regarding a piece of clothing left at the race. A young lady arrived quite late and got changed in this gentlemans van, but unfortunately left behind her original top. The competitor is keen to return the item, but doesn't know who she is. If you are a ginger haired lady and want your top back then please get in touch by PM and I'll put you in touch.