A friend of mine has been having trouble with her achilles tendon and not really got anywhere from her GP. I asked her to give me a script of what the problem is so that I could post it on here and see if anyone can help or point her in the direction of an expert in the Wigan area who is a runner themselves or who understands running injuries. This is what she sent me....

"Right here we go- hard lump on ankle tendon, which is aching and hot in the morning. If I am still for long periods it goes stiff and can be quite painful 😖.
I have iced it most nights, most days take ibruprofen and ibulieve gel alternately.
Went docs again on Tuesday after not running on it for about a month and I've got stronger anti inflammatory tablets, he's gonna send me for physio and ultrasound. He said its tendonitis and so far he doesn't think the lump has ruptured! Looking on tinernet and non impactive exercises are best -swimming n cycling. Also very flat shoes can be bad and it recommends gel heel inserts for running which I used to have up to the double marathon training so looking to use these again once I'm running again"

Any help or advice would be appreciated. She wants to get back running as soon as possible but doesn't want to start too soon to avoid serious injury to her Achilles.