Thread: Staying in the Cheviots

Staying in the Cheviots

I just wanted to recommend a lovely place my wife and kids stayed at over Easter. It's basic but well into the cheviots and has great running potential. It's really lovely and the new farm owners are very helpful. We stayed in the Deer Hut and where very cosy in it!
    https://www.barrowburnfarm.com/

Also Northumberland is God's own county and the hill running is the best in Britain....

Matthew that place looks fantastic and I think I'm likely to try it out some time.

Just a quick question. Is there tv/radio/internet in the Deer Hut at all?

I'd probably prefer if it didn't, but I ask because I'd most likely have non-running people with me, who are not quite as active as me, and would probably appreciate "a nice sit down" at some point during the day...!

Thanks, Pete

Nope!�� It's wonderful! No connection to civilisation whatsoever! We didn't have phone signal for the 4days either! There are 2 plug sockets (hidden in the cupboard) so you might be able to plug a radio in...

Thanks Matthew.

That might be a little too 'away from it all' for my companions, but I'll certainly be looking to try it out, even if it's a solo trip, it sounds and looks fantastic.

Had the OS map out earlier, along with google maps, and the possibilities for walking/running just look amazing....!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I just wanted to recommend a lovely place my wife and kids stayed at over Easter. It's basic but well into the cheviots and has great running potential. It's really lovely and the new farm owners are very helpful. We stayed in the Deer Hut and where very cosy in it!
    https://www.barrowburnfarm.com/

Also Northumberland is God's own county and the hill running is the best in Britain....
    We stayed at the Deer Hut between Christmas and New Year.Very peaceful - and very cold! Dogs welcome too. It also happens to be next to the start/finish of the Windy Gyle Race route. One of Northumberland's finest races.
    The camping barn there is worth a look too. Stayed there ages ago. Apparently when you book it, you get it to yourselves, regardless of the party size.