Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Litter

If you can carry it up full then you can carry it down empty - simple!!

I'm definately in the 'pick some up as I go' box. I figure, like someone here already said, if everyone picks three bits up there'll soon be none to pick up. We did have a day out on Three Peaks route a couple of years ago and I was picking up Asda glucose drinks all the way around. I pretty much filled a 30 litre sack. On climbing Ingleborough we met a charity walk from Asda! I had a word with some participants and eventually the organisers who were pretty contrite tbh. Saw them all in the pub afterwards and they were saying they'd make sure it didn't happen the next time. I gave them a small contribution for said charity. But often there's loads out on Three Peaks route come the weekend.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    ...I would suggest a diplomatic email to the organiser...I would think he is a reasonable chap willing to accept a little constructive criticism of something probably not under his direct control.
    Nigel's reply:

"Thanks for your email. I will take this up with the sweep team as one of their responsibilities is also to clear up any litter on the course and I know a couple of black bin liners full of gel and bar wrappers as well as banana skins were returned to HQ on Sunday evening, so there is no excuse for this behaviour. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will ensure is is dealt with appropriately".

A positive result I think.