Thread: Fell running shoes loose

Fell running shoes loose

Hello forum.

I have a a pair of Salomon Fellraisers. And, as advised in the shop bought 1/2 a size larger than my normal shoe size ( I am a size 9, my Fellraisers are a size 9.5). nb: the Fellraisers are a narrow shoe.

However, they move about on my feet when I am running, leading to a lack of confidence on down hills (which I am not great at anyway) and some movement when running on twisty paths - so I am always being left standing when descending.

I fell over in a race not long ago and the runner behind commented on the movement in my shoes. I tend to do my shoes up quite tight and have a cushioned inner sole as I under-pronate a bit.

I tried on a pair of Inov8 X talon 212 (precision fit) a day or so ago but these seemed tight across the top of my foot.

So before i splash out money I don't really have on new pair of running shoes do you guys have any advice, comments or suggestions and what's you opinion to buying a second hand pair.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have already done what I would suggest- thicker insole. Also thicker sock?
    Dont forget Inov8 also do 'standard fit' it certain shoes (certainly in Roclite but maybe others like Xtalon/mudclaw?). So could be worth trying- they have more width in the standard fit.

Never bought a used pair. I suppose might be worth it. Ive ended up with a pair of Salomon Speedcross 4s that after 3 runs I knew I couldnt get on with the fit (walking shoe only now! 80 quid down the pan!). If you find a pair like that that have hardly been used then maybe fine. Im a bit too picky though.

Shoes need running in. You also need to periodically relace them bottom to top with your foot in, pulling each section to the correct tension one by one.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Cheapest option would be to put a thicker insole, or a second thin insole in your existing shoes.

Something like https://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pr...mm-footbed.htm maybe ?

Talking of thin insoles, these foam sheets are great for fine tuning the fit of your shoes. I've used them as an additional full insole or even just as a half insole for a better fit at the forefoot or heel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Funky-Foam-.../dp/B000UCUL48