Thread: Fav Brand

Fav Brand

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity what is everyone's favorite brand of running gear?

This could be down to comfort / price / technical quality.

If you could be kitted out head to toe - what brand would you choose?

When I run I'm normally inov8-ed up, however, I do like the look of Salomon rucksacks.

New Balance and More Mile for shoes, Haglofs, Buffalo and OMM top, Lowe Alpine bum bag, Pete Bland socks, and most definitely not colour co-ordinated.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

This year I've become converted to LA Sportiva. All their shoes seem to be of the highest quality, and I wear them on the fells and in training.

After another pair now, as my Bushido's are a little too harsh and minimal for day-to-day training, but such is my positive experience with them, I'm going to look elsewhere in their range, rather than back to the old faithful Brooks Cascadia.

Must admit I've not experienced any of their other stuff, as I'd always assumed they only do climbing stuff, with a few trainers thrown in the mix, but I notice they do a fair bit of other stuff for running... Vests, shorts, tops, etc.

Expensive though....

I'd also put in a good word for OMM. I've got their Rotor Smock and it's just about the best top I've ever had, in fact for such a compact top, it's so warm I can only wear it on the coldest of conditions (i.e winter walking or the Marsden-Edale in January). Never really liked their stuff or the brand for some reason, but I reluctantly bought their backpack for the longer days out, and I certainly don't regret it. Minimal kit but fantastic quality. Again expensive.

I guess you pay for quality.
    Last edited by Travs; 05-05-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Master
    2XU tights; Tribesports base and mid layers; Haglofs and Montane tops; OMM trousers; Inov8 and Salomon shoes, though I really like my new Altras.

If I had to be kitted out head to toe in one brand I'd go with Inov 8, no contest when it comes to shoes and the rest of their gear looks good too.

Rather than getting a Salomon rucksack maybe a larger bumbag like the OMM 6L with bottle holder would be good if you need to carry a bit extra?

I think you pay for the brand with Salomon and they seem to focus on lightweight and 'performance' gear rather than everyday training gear.

OMM for Kamleika smock, Rotor top(brilliant and very warm as above) and Sonic Smock(very lightweight windproof I can fit in a shorts pocket) and Grid tee shirt. I use the Classic 32 rucsac for OMMs with the Trio chest pouch.
    Under Armour is my new best friend on runs into double figure mileage - no more chafing.
    inov8 for shoes; love Roclites and Mudclaws.
    Socks I get from Running Bear.
    Montane get a mention - love my Fang5 race vest and I use their Atomic DT w/proof trousers, as well as the Litespeed trouser and Featherlight jacket windproof combo.
    As in another post I tend to buy only in sales/ last years model.
    I've done the Aldi/ MoreMile/ SportsDirect Karrimor but I just don't wear that stuff anymore.