Thread: Bollington3 peaks

Bollington3 peaks

Is there still entry on the day as I know there was a pre entry route that seems to be closed now?

Got an email earlier which mentioned 'additional paces available on the day' - registration open from 1pm. Maybe turn up early?

On the FRA site it says no pre-entry. Entry on day. I'm planning on turning up.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    On the FRA site it says no pre-entry. Entry on day. I'm planning on turning up.
    That's what I had assumed but was told yesterday it was pre entry and now closed! After posting above looked on the brewery website and pre entry is closed and limited eod.

All very misleading. I'm not risking turning up

You were right not to. I didn't get in. Thankfully it's only a short drive for me, so I went for a long run with the dog instead. This is a very well-organised fell race, so I'm surprised they didn't think to update the FRA page.

I hope it went well for those who did get in.

Apologies to everyone who was inconvenienced by the registration debacle on this race. When initially posted the race was only EOD.
    The Bollington brewery, and main sponsor, decided at the last minute to introduce pre-entry, which quickly took all but 70 of the available spaces. In many years of the event my nominal entry limit of 300 has never been approached before, so I was taken completely by surprise on the day when over 350 people turned up. Numbers and other resources ran out at 325 and I was unable to accommodate any more.
    You are quite right to point out that I didn't think to update the FRA page, as I was swamped with other issues at the last minute. Lessons have been learned here and where increased numbers led to other problems. But next year, which is the 10th anniversary race is likely to be Pre-entry only.

Andy Skelhorn, Race Director

Hi Skelly

Thanks for the response. No worries, I think a few race organisers have had similar experiences when their races have taken off in a big way and it's come as a surprise. I remember Wincle Trout went through this one year too.

It's good to see local races being rewarded for the good work the team have put in, in previous years. I'll remember to pre-enter next year.