Thread: Peaks record attempt...

Peaks record attempt...

Looks like Adam Perry had an attempt at the maximum peaks record over the last 24 hours.

I think (in my early morning state) from the tracker that he reached 78 peaks, but was 15 minutes late back into Keswick. Unbelievable attempt.

I do apologise if I have got any of the details incorrect.

That looks correct. He looked pretty much on track all day. Haven't had time to try and see where, if anywhere, time leached away.

Huge respect to him for having the courage to take this on multiple times.

http://live.opentracking.co.uk/24hrlakes17/?n=1

From the schedules times on the tracker, it does look like it just slipped away on the final few peaks from Grasmoor back towards Braithwaite. I understand the weather was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    From the schedules times on the tracker, it does look like it just slipped away on the final few peaks from Grasmoor back towards Braithwaite. I understand the weather was terrible.
    I agree it Looks like he lost time as the weather set in. By Whiteside I suspect they decided to miss out Hobcarton. Maybe 77 in 24.15.53. Still an awesome effort. Respect.

All 78 hit. The GPS mapped hobcarton is incorrect - it is actually also known as hopegill head.

Despite bad weather early on on the leg still hitting/beating splits. Lost time to Sail getting gear on but still on schedule. Grassmoor was horrendous and by sand Hill 3mins down (4 mins leeway built into the schedule) which built to 8 over the slippery rocks to whiteside, a short leg. Of course it cleared on Grizedale, the bastard!

Were it not for the weather that was in the bag. 5 attempts, 3 bad weather, 1 too warm, 1st one just ran out of steam. It's been a good ride.

"It's been a good ride"...... so far.......