Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transvulcania Trail Race

los llanos la palma

Quote Originally Posted by rileforce View Post
    Hi Chris,

What resort did you stay at? Ideally I think I will want to be near end Los Llanos. I have booked my flights, just not booked my accommodation yet. Many thanks in advance

Hi rileforce

Sorry for the mega late reply. Me and the wife and kid stayed here in los llanos. It was a really nice apartment within walking distance of the main bit of town. There was a mini market next door for some bits and bobs. Hope this is of some help even though it is months since you asked.

Cheers, Chris

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...y_Islands.html

Chris > Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

Tussocks > I decided to go for as cheap as possible... I am staying at 'Oasis San Antonio'. This is East of the Island, 5 minutes walk from the 'designated package hotel'. So I am hoping there will be shuttles going from there

I originally wanted to stay neat Los Llanos as that is where the finish line is = stumble back. But everywhere is pretty much booked up. I'm travelling solo for the week so the East side has a few more restaurants etc...

Let me know how you get on...

Have now managed to book my missing travel segment so it's now beginning to dawn that I might really be going...though after a series of injuries, I'm taking nothing for granted. I'm hoping that all the bus shuttles work, especially to get me back to Santa Cruz from the finish (assuming I get there!)
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    ...though after a series of injuries, I'm taking nothing for granted.
    Yup, sure enough. Tore calf again today on training jog. Looks like another month or so out of action.
    When I posted that comment yesterday I didn't realise my pessimism would be justified quite so quickly.

Have finally had to pull out of this. Had just about sorted out the calf but fractured my shoulder on Saturday and am now looking at several months of recovery and rehab. I'm losing count of missed races and wasted entry fees. Roll on 2019...
    Still, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about the prospect of a week on an island doing nothing.

Rubbish news Tussockface! Enjoy the sunshine and a beer

I think I can manage that!
    TRV added to my 'unfinished business' list for next year.
    Good luck to you. Have a great time.