Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fell race bagging

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Sue

It's always a great lift seeing a friendly face when out on the fells...thank you.

Pendle is a beast of a race and it's one I do every year...I love it.

However, I always seem to struggle with it being near the end of another busy year.

Great to see Nigel back on it...full respect.
    Nigel had a bit of a mare to be honest. Injury is sorted, no problems at all with the leg. However, he has had a total sod of a week at work. Tuesday and Thursday he was sent down to bloody London - 3.30am start, getting home at 7.30pm then so totally knackered he went to bed without eating properly. Monday, Wednesday & Friday was Leeds and again stupid starts and home. During the race he had to stop 7 times as he lost the contents of his stomach. I really do not know how he finished the race as he was running on empty. We left straight after the race we didn't even go into the Village Hall. Stopped 3 times on the way home for him too. He looked so ill it scared me.
    I actually wanted to call a Doctor last night but he wouldn't let me. It was a lesson learned for him though.
    A week of exhaustion and crap nutrition leads to a whole World of pain and problems.
    I have made him put a menu plan together this week and his working week is not looking so stupid. He has told work that it's unsustainable to be putting in that many hours and travelling.
    Sunday see's this - Little Stretton to Stiperstones Time-trial :-) so let's hope it goes a lot better. Race 40 of his 50@50 :-)

https://timetrial.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Nigel had a bit of a mare to be honest. Injury is sorted, no problems at all with the leg. However, he has had a total sod of a week at work. Tuesday and Thursday he was sent down to bloody London - 3.30am start, getting home at 7.30pm then so totally knackered he went to bed without eating properly. Monday, Wednesday & Friday was Leeds and again stupid starts and home. During the race he had to stop 7 times as he lost the contents of his stomach. I really do not know how he finished the race as he was running on empty. We left straight after the race we didn't even go into the Village Hall. Stopped 3 times on the way home for him too. He looked so ill it scared me.
    I actually wanted to call a Doctor last night but he wouldn't let me. It was a lesson learned for him though.
    A week of exhaustion and crap nutrition leads to a whole World of pain and problems.
    I have made him put a menu plan together this week and his working week is not looking so stupid. He has told work that it's unsustainable to be putting in that many hours and travelling.
    Sunday see's this - Little Stretton to Stiperstones Time-trial :-) so let's hope it goes a lot better. Race 40 of his 50@50 :-)

https://timetrial.org.uk/
    Blimey, he certainly had to dig deep for number 39....onwards and upwards.

All the best in Shropshire.

Since my last post I’ve done Hathersage night race, taking the total up to 440 different fell races.

2017 has been another busy year with the completion of 124 races (6th consecutive year of doing 100+ races) of which 56 were races I’d previously not done.

There’s still plenty more to keep me occupied, onwards and upwards.

All the best everyone...take care.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Since my last post I’ve done Hathersage night race, taking the total up to 440 different fell races.

2017 has been another busy year with the completion of 124 races (6th consecutive year of doing 100+ races) of which 56 were races I’d previously not done.

There’s still plenty more to keep me occupied, onwards and upwards.

All the best everyone...take care.
    Well done Darren. We hope to see you at lots over 2018 :-) MrRTS completed his race 43 of 50@50 today. 9th place in 2:07 the Hardmoors 15. He was happy with that. All on track for the 50 to finish at the Edale Skyline on March 11th. Our local race :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Well done Darren. We hope to see you at lots over 2018 :-) MrRTS completed his race 43 of 50@50 today. 9th place in 2:07 the Hardmoors 15. He was happy with that. All on track for the 50 to finish at the Edale Skyline on March 11th. Our local race :-)
    Hiya Sue

All the best to you both...it's always a pleasure seeing you two out and about.

Good skills from Nigel...get in.

We’re already well into 2018 and the baggin continues....8 more to add to my list-

The Morning After: New Year’s Day was quite a pleasant one weather wise so I made the trip down to Shropshire and wasn’t disappointed. After charging up Church Stretton high street we’re soon onto the lovely rolling hills of the Long Mynd and it’s business as usual...running up hills.

Giggleswick: A cold outing as the snow began to fall on the grounds and over the surrounding low lying fells of Giggleswick school.

Charnwood Hills: My first time in Leicestershire for a fell race, Leicestershires only fell race? It was a muddy one and I wore trail shoes...big mistake.

Windy Hill: You can say that again....Windy cold wet hill, would’ve been more apt. A challenging day on the fells makes the post race brew taste just that bit more special, hmmm lovely.

Longsleddale: I think this is my new favourite Kendal winter league race. Great course from one of Lakeland’s ‘hidden’ valleys.

Heartbeat Hobble: I don’t need much of an excuse to venture over to the North York Moors...a fell race followed by fish and chips in Whitby...beltin.

Edale Skyline: I’ve done the race a few times but never in reverse. Personally I found it harder running anti-clockwise. The fast running early on over the flagstone paved moors had me struggling in the later stages...got my pacing all wrong.

Pendle Hill Night Race: Head torch lights shining this way and that as we made hard work of finding the summit pillar. How many times have I been up this hill? Night time fell races certainly add something extra to the mix, especially in low cloud.

Total to date, 448 different fell races.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Banned
    YOUR THE MAN

Great effort Darren👍

Master
    448! Surely a record by a long way. Well done Darren.

448 up. It's the beginning of a new book Daz...........
    See the light in the night

Bit of a challenge for you avid "baggers" ...... how many of you have "The Preseli Beast" on your tally sheets?

The sixth edition is on 12th May.

I'm aiming to be down there marshaling for my sixth consecutive year .... hopefully on Foel Feddau yet again.

A long weekend in Pembrokeshire takes some beating.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!