Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBR July 7-9 Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PBR July 7-9 Support

Hi All,

I’m going to have a bash at the Paddy Buckley Round on the weekend of July 7-9. Currently I’ve got road support sorted but only one support runner confirmed. It would be great to have at least one support runner per leg so if you’re free and could help then it would be very much appreciated! I’ve pre-booked 10 spaces at Nant Peris (The Rucksack Club's Beudy Mawr) so accommodation is sorted. If you’re interested please email me at [email protected]

(I'm no speedgoat - 'just' aiming for under 24 hrs. Did BG last September with no support runners in 23:36 but I know that the PB is considerably harder, hence the cry out for help!)

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Last edited by MichaelZeidan; 16-06-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Hello Mike,
    Don't hold your breath - they don't exactly fall over themselves rushing to Wales

I'd love to, but I'm on holiday that weekend. You could try the Paddy Buckley Reccies facebook page.

If the weather forecast is good we're planning a self-supported 'walking' PBR on 7th and 8th July, so we could bump into you somewhere. Hope everything goes well.

Hi Geoff (Is this Geoff Bell of the Rucksack Club??). It would be great to catch up on the hills - I'll look out for you! Not sure where i'll start from yet...Capel Curig on Sat morning or Llanberis Friday night are most likely (whichever favours the best weather)... hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZeidan View Post
    Hi Geoff (Is this Geoff Bell of the Rucksack Club??). It would be great to catch up on the hills - I'll look out for you! Not sure where i'll start from yet...Capel Curig on Sat morning or Llanberis Friday night are most likely (whichever favours the best weather)... hope you have an enjoyable weekend!
    Geoff Briggs from Pennine actually. We're planning to start at 5am Friday from Capel Curig. All the best.

Ah! Good luck! Hope the weather is kind to you and maybe see you on the route (Though I'll probably be starting Friday 10:30pm from Pont Caer Gors or 02:40 AM from Llanberis so I'm very unlikely to catch up to you!)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply - Yes it seems that either I've picked the worse weekend ever (in terms of support availability - everyone's on holiday!) or that no-one fancies a fun weekend in Wales!

Still only one support runner but I shall crack on regardless and see what happens. It's a shame that you're not available but thanks very much for the facebook site suggestion - I've never heard of it and will try it! cheers, Mike

could maybe help the following weekend when we're down on holiday in llanberis, but not on the weekend you quoted...
    if I can't see blencathra it's raining
    if I can see blencathra it's going to rain

Many thanks for the offer,

Unfortunately I can't do the following weekend due to family commitments, but might move it forward by a day or two if the weather over the weekend looks terrible - I'll post up here if that happens.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by blencathrafrommykitchen View Post
    could maybe help the following weekend when we're down on holiday in llanberis, but not on the weekend you quoted...

Hi All,

I'm still low on supporters for my PBR attempt this weekend. If anyone fancies it please give me a shout!

(Please see further details in my initial post)

Cheers,

Mike