Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tour 2017

Banned
    Cav out of tour with a broken shoulder.

Oh no the most exciting finisher gone and Cavendish as well, no way that Sagan should have gone, a messy sprint all round, as for the elbow..he was trying to stay upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Oh no the most exciting finisher gone and Cavendish as well, no way that Sagan should have gone, a messy sprint all round, as for the elbow..he was trying to stay upright.
    Never mind. Perhaps Oliver Cookson (Asst. Sports Director - Dimension Data) will tell his dad, Brian Cookson (President - UCI) that the UCI panel was wrong to DQ Sagan because his rider rode into the barrier and fell off his bike?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Never mind. Perhaps Oliver Cookson (Asst. Sports Director - Dimension Data) will tell his dad, Brian Cookson (President - UCI) that the UCI panel was wrong to DQ Sagan because his rider rode into the barrier and fell off his bike?
    Yep that would be good, how Brian Cookson has moved on I remember when he was a Lakes & Lancs commisaire ��

Racing accident. Elbow looked worse than it was, not convinced of intent to stuff Cav into the barrier. On replay it looks like Sagan didn't quite catch Cav approaching behind the French guy, the French guy was moving out towards Sagan, and Sagan saw a chance of a lead-out. I'm a big fan of Cav, but I've seen him, and plenty of others, do as bad or worse with little censure tbh.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Racing accident. Elbow looked worse than it was, not convinced of intent to stuff Cav into the barrier. On replay it looks like Sagan didn't quite catch Cav approaching behind the French guy, the French guy was moving out towards Sagan, and Sagan saw a chance of a lead-out. I'm a big fan of Cav, but I've seen him, and plenty of others, do as bad or worse with little censure tbh.
    I'm with you fjell guy,surely if cav thought the intent was there he'd have been swinging at Sagan, not cuddling him 😊

Banned
    Speedy recovery to G and Richie and the rest who came to grief in tumble's.

Banned
    Well done Froome, Great last 10k for him?

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Racing accident.
    Indeed, as the UCI has now admitted.

And those who stated that Sagan had been treated outrageously and the biggest cry-baby in cycling had behaved in his usual spoilt-child way and denied a truly great Champion a crack at a sixth Green Jersey have been proved right.

Ho hum!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".